Schedule 5 animals (vermin)

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: Schedule 5 vermin...

Post by Pran » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:06 pm

I've not seen partridges in Shivajinagar. The quails and rabbits are bred and not trapped.

Pran
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

For Advertising mail webmaster
snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:23 pm

Well we can start off our own game reserve - buy a bunch of these "farm bred" birds and mammals and leave them in the farm to be harvested when required.
Any thoughts on this?
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:08 pm

snIPer";p="35571 wrote:Well we can start off our own game reserve - buy a bunch of these "farm bred" birds and mammals and leave them in the farm to be harvested when required.
Any thoughts on this?
If by harvested you mean a formal release and shoot thing - then I am quite sure there will be some law or the other against it! :P BTW - you may find that you would not be able to legally raise/ breed pretty much any of the native Indian species...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

amk
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by amk » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:05 pm

Though I'm not animal loving freak or a vegetarian I have never understood why would anyone want to kill or hurt a living creature for sport (fun/sport/a good day out).

What surprises me more is someone would breed and raise life just to kill it for sport.

AMK
AMK
--------------------------------------
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Ben Franklin

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:13 pm

mundaire";p="35578 wrote:
snIPer";p="35571 wrote:Well we can start off our own game reserve - buy a bunch of these "farm bred" birds and mammals and leave them in the farm to be harvested when required.
Any thoughts on this?
If by harvested you mean a formal release and shoot thing - then I am quite sure there will be some law or the other against it! :P BTW - you may find that you would not be able to legally raise/ breed pretty much any of the native Indian species...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Aww thats too bad.

Amk,
Even plants breathe. In fact in breathing itself a number of living organisms are killed every second.
Are not crops harvested and then eaten. Do they not bleed the green blood (white or whatever color),
do they not die when they are harmed.
I hope that answers your question.
/S/
Last edited by snIPer on Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:22 pm

amk";p="35584 wrote:What surprises me more is someone would breed and raise life just to kill it for sport.
And this is different from poultry farming - how? :roll:

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:56 pm

Any thoughts on this?
Hi Sniper,

Its been discussed again bottom line is .."You can't keep INDIAN wild birds and you can't release foreign birds" so no chance for a reserve... :(

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:59 pm

Hmm - thanks Inder. I guess the closest country where we can go for a good hunt would be Pakistan then. Sorry might be OT - any other nearby country where hunting is legal and is safe to go there.

amk
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by amk » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:14 pm

Guys, you've got my thoughts wrong. I eat animals, plants, anything I am allowed to eat. I'll slaughter them for food; I breathe due to necessity, but I'd feel odd to kill living creatures for fun.

If some creature or living being is a pest or harms me I can understanding killing it.

Sniper, thanks for the science lesson.

Mundaire, poultry is farmed for food. Not for sport/fun.

I did not say I am against this, I just said that I don't understand why anyone would do that. What pleasure can anyone derive out of that?

AMK
AMK
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Ben Franklin

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:44 pm

Sniper - Nepal has legal hunting....

AMK - We were discussing game birds, and unlike trophy hunting; the birds you shoot are not stuffed and mounted, they are cooked and consumed. If you haven't been to a live bird shoot, it would be difficult for me to explain how much fun it can be! Anyhow, different strokes for different folks...

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

amk
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by amk » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:55 pm

Well, if they're actually eaten, not only by the shooter (who may not have the capacity to eat the entire kill) but by anyone (especially the poor and needy) then I see no problem with it.

You see my point, as long as the kill is put to good use I am cool with it and would love to join in too.

AMK
AMK

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:56 pm

AMK the science lesson was in a lighter vein :-) no hard feelings.

amk
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by amk » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:01 pm

None taken sniper.

AMK
AMK

Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by Pran » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:12 pm

mundaire";p="35606 wrote:Sniper - Nepal has legal hunting....
Are you sure about that Abhijeet? I remember asking a local angler(near Fewa lake in Nepal) if hunting was legal and he told me it wasn't.

Pran
Last edited by Pran on Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:36 pm

Pran";p="35622 wrote:Are you sure about that Abhijeet? I remember asking a local angler(near Fewa lake in Nepal) if hunting was legal and remember him telling me it wasn't.
See http://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?t=684

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in