How much ammo are you allowed in India?

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Re: How much ammo are you allowed in India?

Post by MoA » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:03 am

By shooters I assume you mean the people doing it competitively?

For Advertising mail webmaster
penpusher

Post by penpusher » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:27 am

Nope,just the well conected

MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MoA » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:40 am

So.. can the well connected 'gift' to the not so well connected?

Or is this one of the many 'status' differentiators discussed at the Delhi Gym bar...

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:24 am

MoA";p="47514 wrote: So.. can the well connected 'gift' to the not so well connected?

Or is this one of the many 'status' differentiators discussed at the Delhi Gym bar...
Nope you cannot "gift" someone ammo in excess of his/ her allowed quota. Even if you reload you cannot reload more than your allowed quota at any given time.

Few (if any) people sit and discuss guns etc. at the bar - not since hunting was banned anyway.... the crowd from IFG excluded...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

striker
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by striker » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:32 pm

Abhijeet
is it legal to own imported ammo as none of the armourery selling them doesnt enter it in the licence book.

cheers
sankar
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------99.9% of the World's Gunners are 100% SAFE.Please do not ruin their reputation by being stupid or using guns in violence!!

perazzi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by perazzi » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:27 pm

Why wud u want to get into trouble wth the law by doing something which is not legal ?
You also stand a good chance of getting yr license revoked !

Cheers Rohit.
Heart of a Lion , Memory of an Elephant

b.baracho
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by b.baracho » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:36 pm

you can sell extra unwanted ammo to a dealer or any licence holder who has that particular cal weapon with an application for permission of sale from your local licencing authority.
Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game. -P.Rod-

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:42 pm

b.baracho";p="47567 wrote:you can sell extra unwanted ammo to a dealer or any licence holder who has that particular cal weapon with an application for permission of sale from your local licencing authority.
ya...its going to look very nice in the eyes of the babu...something like "Sir, I would like to sell my excess of 500 Rounds to a license holder...and so on".... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
He who can not think, is a fool; he who will not, a bigot; he who dare not - a slave!

b.baracho
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by b.baracho » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:47 pm

if he has acquired the ammo in a legal way he should have no prob...he does not have to sell all 500 at one time.
Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game. -P.Rod-

browning
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by browning » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:58 pm

MoA";p="47494 wrote:By shooters I assume you mean the people doing it competitively?
I heard that for the unlimited quota, They need proof of you being a competitive shooter, the guy who endorsed my license said that get me your renowned shot certificate and il endorse it to unlimited for you.

james
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by james » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:56 pm

Cottage Cheese wrote .[color=red]Apart from sportsmen and a handful of fortunate souls, a majority of indians are going to have to go by the 25/50 ratio...means one can purchase a maximum of 25 shots at any given time and a maximum purchase of 50 shots per year is perm[/color] I had seen licance with 25 at one time and 200 in a year but colum saying ,MAXIMUM to be possessed at one time is empty signed by signing authority. IS that means that he can hold 200 bullets collected /not fired in dew corse of time may be after two years. This was conveyed to me by this licence holder , but really i am not sure , WHAT do you think....James............

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:36 pm

25 is the MAXIMUM the fellow can hold at one time.200 is the MAXIMUM that he can buy in one year

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:45 pm

Striker,

It is perfectly legal to hold imported ammo.However you should get it endorsed on your license or you would be in trouble.Also insist on a receipt.You would be surprised by the amount that would be entered as the sale price.The S&B .32 ACP ammo is billed at 12 or 13 rupees,where as it is actually sold for about 110-120.Most of the firearms that get sold for 2-6 lakhs are actually billed for around Rs.10,000/-

OverUnderPump
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by OverUnderPump » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:21 am

penpusher";p="47594 wrote:Also insist on a receipt.You would be surprised by the amount that would be entered as the sale price.The S&B .32 ACP ammo is billed at 12 or 13 rupees,where as it is actually sold for about 110-120.Most of the firearms that get sold for 2-6 lakhs are actually billed for around Rs.10,000/-
:o :o :o Man. :evil: :evil: :evil:

S3 thats a shocker.

regards
8)
OUP
The universe was born with a BIG BANG, no wonder guns run in my blood.

Disclaimer: My post is either a question or a reply to one. I am stating an opinion. If my opinion differs from yours, It's not intended as an insult.

Happy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Happy » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:51 am

Hey OUP,
It may have cometo u as a shocker but my dear friend that is the bitter truth what penpusher has said.
Regards
Happy.