regarding the endorsement of additional weapon

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
amk
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by amk » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:57 pm

Abhijeet, even the local arms dept. officials and dealers here discourage us from applying for a second license in the same category, and definitely not for a second handgun. Most don't know that one can own any of the above mentioned combination.

I am going to be applying for a 2nd handgun license soon. What reason should I state in my letter for wanting a second handgun?

AMK
AMK
--------------------------------------
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Ben Franklin

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:10 pm

amk";p="48280 wrote: Abhijeet, even the local arms dept. officials and dealers here discourage us from applying for a second license in the same category, and definitely not for a second handgun. Most don't know that one can own any of the above mentioned combination.

I am going to be applying for a 2nd handgun license soon. What reason should I state in my letter for wanting a second handgun?

AMK
AMK, the problem is that one still needs to "justify" one's "need" even when applying for an additional firearm. Thus the person conducting the interview usually says - "you already have one pistol/ revolver why do you need another?" :roll:

I would strongly suggest you participate in one/ more of the district/ state level events in the centrefire pistol category and state your need for an additional gun as being for target practice. Show the participation certificate(s) to beef up your case. Centrefire pistol events are mostly shot with .32 S&W Long wadcutters and sometimes with .38 Special wadcutters...

The rest is up to your luck and the whims of the the person on the other side of the desk...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: regarding the endorsement of additional weapon

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:14 pm

What reason should I state in my letter for wanting a second handgun?
Either as a back-up for paper punching events or for self protection. If you decide to use the latter reason, then arguements supporting that reason would be:

1) In case of gun failure during a critical moment.
2) You must have a working firearm at all times and would like an additional handgun in case one of them has been sent for repairs or service.

amk
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by amk » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:21 pm

Thanks Mack The Knife and Abhjeet.

I have heard that if you apply for sporting purposes then the license granted is restricted for the same, you can't use it as a personal self defense concealed firearm. Is this true?

I'm probably going to write a variety of different reasons for getting a second handgun; including sports and the reasons Mack The Knife suggested.

AMK
AMK
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Ben Franklin