Arms Licensing just a big Joke

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Arms Licensing just a big Joke

Post by goodboy_mentor » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:22 am

Please try this links and see if any lawyer knows about the ruling that the application has to be granted or rejected in 3 months time.
http://judicialcompetitiontimes.com/Fre ... dvice.aspx

For Advertising mail webmaster
nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:48 am

as soon as the conditions prescribed in Section 13 are satisfied the grant of licenses is obligatory and it is not open to the licensing authority to refuse a license-
state of UP. V.jASWANT SINGH SENA AIR 1968 ALL 383
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

ABABUJAY
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by ABABUJAY » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:56 pm

Also we have been awarded as the best business people of the year by the chief minister of Karnataka.
The DC also had to state this that licenses should not be issued for business purpose. Where as in Arms rules of 1962 clearly stated in chapter 13(2) that a license can be issued to a business.

I also told him that we are having petrol pumps and we need to carry cash around so we need protection. Also all this time we had a license in the family in my uncles name.
Just that we are surrendering that license and taking one in my name.

DEAR FRIEND,

in my case Ac rejected my application i approached the dc, ( with a influence ), he was convinced n ,recommended my application, my application was forwarded without AC's authorization. Same way u can approach commissioner directly and talk to him and explain him.

And since u r a businessman along with the application
U have to produce all the bank transaction,
IT returns,
And apart from these
Your school conduct certificate,
College conduct certificate,
And a medical fitness certificate from your family doctor (govt regd), saying that u are mentally stable, not hyper sensitive, no deformities in your body esp,. in ur hand.
And
a certificate from any rifle club that you are trained for the particular weapon

and as u said ur application is neither rejected nor approved, so there is still a possibility for u to get your license,
But you have to wait,

WE cant quote Acts and laws to police men, they will become more irritated and make the processes very tedious, u wont believe a lady clerk kept my application unattended for two months without sending it to the police station when asked she unworriedly said it was misplaced.( this is my personal experience, once argued with her quoting some laws)

So if you follow the above said instructions they is no chance for rejection. Maximum they can prolong but you can surely get your license

Regards and best wishes
babu

rsuresh
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by rsuresh » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:13 pm

Yes, You can get more information regarding this with Babu, I know how hard he is struggling to get the license.
Its not just a cake walk.

Regards,
Suresh.R
--Suresh.R

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:34 pm

ABABUJAY wrote: And since u r a businessman along with the application
U have to produce all the bank transaction,
IT returns,
And apart from these
Your school conduct certificate,
College conduct certificate,
And a medical fitness certificate from your family doctor (govt regd), saying that u are mentally stable, not hyper sensitive, no deformities in your body esp,. in ur hand.
And
a certificate from any rifle club that you are trained for the particular weapon
Almost all these requirements are in direct contravention of various provisions under section 13 and 14 of the act. In fact its humiliating to a citizen.
no deformities in your body esp,. in ur hand
What's that to imply? If someone was born with three testicles, he can't be issued a license? What if he has a sixth finger?

It's incredible, the depths of stupidity and idiocy that some babus can go to.

... and all this nonsense while only the politicians get blamed for everything that is bad with India.
He who can not think, is a fool; he who will not, a bigot; he who dare not - a slave!

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:26 pm

if you have all this in writing then go to court and bug*3r the mans carrier for good. :twisted: :evil: :evil:

such 'public servants' needed to be thought that they are the servants and not the masters. its time to take stock. As we are all aware that the citizens of India are sleeping with arms folded for too long and the servants of the citizens of India are ruling the roost. for so long that, we have forgotten who is in charge since no one dare complain or raise an eyebrow.

we have been brainwashed by the servants into thinking that they are the lords over us.

the best way is the RTI every one should make at lest 3 RTI s. asking things which would make the servants eye brows and heart rate increase.

if all the RTIs are collected then we can see how bad shape this nation is in, which will help in asking the supreme court to change things for the better.

its your right but you have to fight for it.
Nagarifle

sunilnuguri
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by sunilnuguri » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:36 pm

vkjalan wrote:Hi,
I am From Mangalore,
This happened to me today and this is the most ridiculous thing in the world i have ever come across.
I had been to the DC of Mangalore for my application due from the past year and a half for the arms license. and this was a personnel hearing today. When i told him that i was there to see him for my arms license he asks me if i have a life threat and then he tells me that only people with life threat should approach him. LOL. I told him that i need the license to protect myself he tells me this " People who have licenses never use the weapons and people who dont have an license use it the most " i really don't know what he meant. Did he mean that i should go for an unlicensed weapon to protect myself. I had to ask him this question if it was necessary for me to wait for an incident to happen for me to get my arm. I also told him abt the robberies happening in and around mangalore. So he has a smart reply "that is common in today's world and he tells me not to worry abt it and if anything like that happens he will look into the matter then !"

I don't understand why does he have an armed man with him all the time then.

Well the apathy of a person is that we all have to be slaves to the government when they are suppose to be ours.
Its all in words.
I really wish i could do something to change the whole dam system.

Guys do u know of any alternative way to get my hands on an arms license which i need badly.

Well he is the continuation to the problem.
The DC does not accept money by any means tried everything. Does not listen to the bureaucrats the home minister called him in recommendation of the file he had a simple reply " i am looking into the file and will process it when all the procedures are done"

I am strong build with 6.1 feet height and good body so there is no chance that he will reject it on the grounds of physical appearance.

My file is personally recommended by the local SP he is the highest post of police in our area.
Also we have been awarded as the best business people of the year by the chief minister of Karnataka.
The DC also had to state this that licenses should not be issued for business purpose. where as in Arms rules of 1962 clearly stated in chapter 13(2) that a license can be issued to a business.

I also told him that we are having petrol pumps and we need to carry cash around so we need protection. Also all this time we had a license in the family in my uncles name.

I would be really great full in case someone could suggest me which rifle club i could join and i mean easily and also the club which is registering members because the clubs i have inquired abt just have to say that they are closed for the time being.

Also i would request all the IFG members to find the case where the judge has given a ruling that the application has to be granted or rejected in 3 months time.

also one more thing that the DC Does not get transferred for the next 3 years.
The best part of the issuance comes here. He does not reject the file nor does he approve it. It just remains in the computer as pending files.
Guys please help. This is going to set an example for everyone to do something to get ourselves the deserving licenses and weapons.

Help me fight this out and i will bring this entire episode to the media on the big way. ( I SWEAR ) I am really so so frustrated.
Hi..

No Point in Approaching the DC any more ..

My Advice you better approach the Principal Home Secretary at the Secratariat . he is the only person who can directly Grant an Arms License (all india permit)... but you need to keep the Home Minister in loop with a phone call to him.
and some other favors if needed .

reg..sunil
hyderabad

doc_brar
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by doc_brar » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:43 pm

mr jalan are you cousin of dr saket jalan from delhi?

sunilnuguri
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by sunilnuguri » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:05 pm

I am From Mangalore,
This happened to me today and this is the most ridiculous thing in the world i have ever come across.
I had been to the DC of Mangalore for my application due from the past year and a half for the arms license. and this was a personnel hearing today. When i told him that i was there to see him for my arms license he asks me if i have a life threat and then he tells me that only people with life threat should approach him. LOL. I told him that i need the license to protect myself he tells me this " People who have licenses never use the weapons and people who dont have an license use it the most " i really don't know what he meant. Did he mean that i should go for an unlicensed weapon to protect myself. I had to ask him this question if it was necessary for me to wait for an incident to happen for me to get my arm. I also told him abt the robberies happening in and around mangalore. So he has a smart reply "that is common in today's world and he tells me not to worry abt it and if anything like that happens he will look into the matter then !"

Well the apathy of a person is that we all have to be slaves to the government when they are suppose to be ours.
Its all in words.

Guys do u know of any alternative way to get my hands on an arms license which i need badly.

The DC does not accept money by any means tried everything. Does not listen to the bureaucrats the home minister called him in recommendation of the file he had a simple reply " i am looking into the file and will process it when all the procedures are done"

I am strong build with 6.1 feet height and good body so there is no chance that he will reject it on the grounds of physical appearance.

My file is personally recommended by the local SP he is the highest post of police in our area.
The DC also had to state this that licenses should not be issued for business purpose. where as in Arms rules of 1962 clearly stated in chapter 13(2) that a license can be issued to a business.

I would be really great full in case someone could suggest me which rifle club i could join and i mean easily and also the club which is registering members because the clubs i have inquired abt just have to say that they are closed for the time being.

Also i would request all the IFG members to find the case where the judge has given a ruling that the application has to be granted or rejected in 3 months time.

The best part of the issuance comes here. He does not reject the file nor does he approve it. It just remains in the computer as pending files.
Guys please help. This is going to set an example for everyone to do something to get ourselves the deserving licenses and weapons.

Help me fight this out and i will bring this entire episode to the media on the big way. ( I SWEAR ) I am really so so frustrated.

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:12 pm

sunilnuguri wrote:
I am From Mangalore,

Its all in words.

what?
He who can not think, is a fool; he who will not, a bigot; he who dare not - a slave!

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:52 pm

cottage cheese wrote:
sunilnuguri wrote:
I am From Mangalore,

Its all in words.

what?
CC,dont look so :shock: ....Mr Jalan after having read your post I am not surprised that your file has been put on hold........you have admitted that you have tried everthing...but still failed....obviously something is wrong somewhere :?:
you are for once perhaps dealing with an honest and incorruptible officer who does not succumb to pressure...such officers in my book need to be admired....we need more civil servants like this DC to make a difference to the quality of life of people who are not as fortunate as us....
Many members have offered advice to you,which for the most part I think is absolute BS....will keep it simple....there is only one way to get your work done and ie the right way....I hope you have got the point

Sai the sailor
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Sai the sailor » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:11 pm

Hey Guys - Just obtained a lisence for NP BORE REVOLVER valid in gujarat state ...

2 questions : suggestions invited for a decent .32 bore revolver / pistol and place???

also how do i extend the liscence for all india validity>>>

rgds
Saie..................................................

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:18 pm

hi sai

congrats mate

check out the handgun section and other tread on the legal section for the answers.
Nagarifle

arshad_ahmad48
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by arshad_ahmad48 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:13 pm

I am From Mangalore,

Its all in words.

Hello Brother,

there is a good alternate to get the licence.

It will work on both i.e on your licence and on that DC ,,, just file an application in Right to Information Office with reference to your licence application and you will get your licence asap...
In business, being the first doesn't mean anything. Getting it right is the recipe that defines everything.

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:18 pm

Dear VJkalan,

First of all, please accept my sympathies.

I can imagine how frustrating it can be.
I wont be able to offer any any more practically suggestions than the ones mentioned already but u do have my moral support.

Another thing I dont understand is that why doesnt a physically disabled person allowed a friearm?
arent they more vulnerable and hence in the need for more protection?

And physical appearence??!!! what a joke are we talking about the trials for heavyweight boxing championship? again a smaller person would be more vulnerable and has an equal right to demand protection. I think this amounts to discrimination an the basis of appearence/disability. im sure any such discrimination is in violation of human rights law. Unless one's hand/fingers are missing or not functional, one can operate a firearm/handgun even from a wheelchair. the trigger pull required can be achieved by a child so it shouldnt depend on ones height/weight. look at a lot of world champion skeet shots. lot of them are very thin and many are short.

Secondly a govt. dr. can only certify an absence of a history of mental illness. but is this what they mean by "mentally stable"?

Psychopathy / impulsive personality traits is usually not diagnosed by doctors and needs psychological battery tests.

For this reason, in other countries, all they ask is for a letter specifying an absence of mental illness.

Bhai, if you really have access to go to the media, why wait another 2 yrs. Do u have anything to lose?
Maybe media for a change can be an aid for us.
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.