Airsoft Thread

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
Kuklinski
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Airsoft Thread

Post by Kuklinski » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:11 am

Vikram wrote:Kuklinski,

You seem to be splitting hairs for naught. The 1959 Arms Act is not the only act that governs possession of firearms. Do you think that all the hundrends of thousands of air guns manufactured, imported legally and used in sports are done so illegally? Do you think that the legal enforcement agencies, customs and DGFT would allow the import and/or manufacture of the same if they were considered to be firearms?

http://www.mha.nic.in/hindi/sites/uploa ... 080410.pdf
As per the Notification issued on 13.7.1962 manufacture of airguns/air rifles and air pistols which satisfy the test, namely, that the projectiles discharged from such weapons do not perforate a target of 12 inches square formed by deal wood board of even grains free from knots planed on both sides and of thickness of ½ inch and one inch for air pistols and air guns/rifles, respectively, are exempt from the purview of Arms Act, subject to the conditions laid down in the said Notification.
The same has been cited here on IFG for a long time for reference.

Best-
Vikram

sorted
Last edited by Kuklinski on Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Airsoft Sadly happens to be considered as a firearm

Post by Vikram » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:35 am

The problem is with the customs and the arbitrariness of their interpretation. It has little to do with the Arms Act which is quite clear. If you wish, you could talk to your lawyer who can have a word with them? You could also try the RTI route which would result in they placing their reasons on paper.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:42 am

Please dont call them Fruit Nazi 8) s.. they have thin skin and do read such boards good luck..

Kuklinski
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Kuklinski » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:43 am

Thank you for your prompt reply Vikram. I will try the RTI. Superb :)
Can any of the members think of any other options?

estousandy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by estousandy » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:31 am

Vikram wrote:You could also try the RTI route which would result in they placing their reasons on paper.
It sounds like a warning than a solution.

Kuklinski, did your friend import it as a fully built gun or disassembled? Also which gun is that? The more aggressive it looks, the more aggressive they get.
with guns we are citizens, without we are subjects

Kuklinski
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Kuklinski » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:00 pm

estousandy wrote:
Vikram wrote:You could also try the RTI route which would result in they placing their reasons on paper.
It sounds like a warning than a solution.

Kuklinski, did your friend import it as a fully built gun or disassembled? Also which gun is that? The more aggressive it looks, the more aggressive they get.
He did not ordered it disassembled. It is a cyma ak 47 full metal body aeg

http://airsoft.tiger111hk.com/p20505/CY ... _info.html

Looks very original and weighs almost the same.

estousandy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by estousandy » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:07 pm

Well, he should've done his homework better. They give disassembled shipping to counter this situation. It's mentioned in their site FAQ.

"We can try to ship the Airsoft guns by register air mail / EMS / surface mail.
For some countries, e.g. Brazil / Canada / Agentina
There are restrictions for importing airsoft guns via airmail.
We recommend to try surface mail in delivering the package in avoiding the Customs confiscation or return package.
However, surface mail may spend more time for the delivery.
So, we got the service for the disassemble.
We can try to disassemble the guns into different packages and send 1 pack a day.

Please make the request when you are ordering and contact our stuffs for your requests."

I don't get the "1 pack a day" part as it ideally should be "one after the other" based on delivery.

Whatever it comes to, please don't go for an RTI as it can make it difficult for others.

kiran2608
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by kiran2608 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:35 pm

Guys, I need some help:-)

One of our IFG members wants to import a pistol from Amazon. The price is really decent and looks good too. Ofcourse the make is a polymer body and very few metal parts in it. But this is a .177 bore pistol which shoots only metal BBs ( not pellets).

Their customer care mentioned that this pistol is easy to clear customs as this is not a high end pistol. They send it as it is ( not parts). After going through all the posts from our members, I dont think there would be any issue from the customs as a membership would be more than enough for this pistol.

Still I am looking for more suggestions and your latest experiences guys.

KD

maheshvijay93
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by maheshvijay93 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:33 pm

Can you provide the link please? :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

kiran2608
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by kiran2608 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:43 pm

KD

estousandy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by estousandy » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:26 pm

^^Both clearly comes under air gun category & not airsoft due to gas action as well as being a 0.177 shooter. IF held, customs are in right position to ask for all relevant documents.

On another note, found this 60$ metal(aluminium) airsoft 1911 springer on ebay with free shipping from US. I guess it's one of a kind now that most chinese shops stopped shipping airsofts. The TMs available on DX are all plastic.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/M21Spring-Airso ... 4ad590fa29

nirgadhavi
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by nirgadhavi » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:14 pm

estousandy

can i buy/import airsoft gun without any problem from custom which you give link here. also for co2 gun i cant import without club membership ?

estousandy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by estousandy » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:29 pm

They can give you hell IF they want to, or they won't even know you got one if you are lucky. Generic airsoft legality details are given in the previous page.

CO2 6mm which is airsoft is risky with or without membership, if caught that is. They can club it under pneumatic air gun IF they want to, and there would be nothing you can do about it. They can confiscate, fine, send you show cause or release it depending on their mood.

CO2 0.177 can be imported with a membership as it is a true airgun, but still they won't be happy to release it.

nirgadhavi
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by nirgadhavi » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:50 pm

hmm :(

so co2 6mm closed topic for me :(

co2 0.177 imported with membership so if my friend buy this for me and take care of custom than i can get it otherwise no..

you know what, when i was around 14/15 year. my uncle gifted me silver 1/1 scale airsoft plastic china made gun and its was really fun to play, and now its really hard to get airsoft gun local market :cry:

estousandy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by estousandy » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:02 pm

Answering to your PM, in India why do you even think you can always import airsoft without customs problem? There is no such magical product in this case. It might or might not get caught. Depends on your luck, so order & pray. Just consider your money is lost until it's delivered safe to you.

The CO2 0.177 comes under airguns, & not airsoft. The latter shoots 6mm plastic BBs.

Even members get their wares held up & fined for unknown reasons at customs so there is no SOP here.

We all love weapons, but to some of us this is as real as it gets. To me, it's not something to play with.