Applying for an Arms License in India

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
karmandeep.sidhu
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Applying for an Arms License in India

Post by karmandeep.sidhu » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:52 pm

pls tell me vaild age for applying an arms license in punjab(india)

For Advertising mail webmaster
jignesh712712
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by jignesh712712 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:18 am

Dear all guns guruji

May i have require .22 rifle liacence. May i allredy submit my docs in c.p office which persent chance to am eligible for liacence pls most reply all guns guruji....

1 my application .22 rifle for sport base and targete shooting.....2...i am not any rifle club member.....but i am NCC "B" Certificate pass and i know how to use gun and some other arms like...7.62 rifle.... .22 Rifle & Light machin gun oprating system with arm drill knowledge...and submit other docs...and submit my all other NCC certificate.....now can i elegible for liacence....pls reply must all experiance person.... :(

lakecity_shooter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by lakecity_shooter » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:30 pm

WHat if a applicant is not a delhi resident...i am from udaipur and wants a .22 caliber rifle for target shooting.help me guys in how to get a licensed .22LR .suggestions would be highly appreciated.i wanna become a successful shooter but with a proper equipment its impossible...firing air guns from childhood now i need a upgrade and a licence..any suggestions on getting a licence in udaipur ?

-- Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:30 pm --

WHat if a applicant is not a delhi resident...i am from udaipur and wants a .22 caliber rifle for target shooting.help me guys in how to get a licensed .22LR .suggestions would be highly appreciated.i wanna become a successful shooter but without a proper equipment its impossible...firing air guns from childhood now i need a upgrade and a licence..any suggestions on getting a licence in udaipur ?
Last edited by lakecity_shooter on Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Defeat is a choice so as victory,You are never beaten till u decide"

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:45 pm

WHat if a applicant is not a delhi resident
Why are you concerned about not being a resident of Delhi? Is it that you are residing at Delhi but you do not have any proof of residence at Delhi? Nothing to worry, just apply for Postal Identity Card, it will serve as both your proof of identity and proof of residence.
i am from udaipur and wants a .22 caliber rifle for target shooting
If you are normally residing at Udaipur, you may apply at Udaipur.
help me guys in how to get a licensed .22LR
First join some government recognized rifle shooting club. Then apply for arms license, alongwith arms license application, also attach a copy of document proving your membership of the rifle club.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

lakecity_shooter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by lakecity_shooter » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:19 am

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiii everyone...i live in udaipur and i am eagerly waiting for a positive reply on how to get a license for a .22LR rifle .I am a hotel management graduate and runs my own hotel with dad in udaipur. its Hotel Mahima Palace.i am fond of target shooting .not into any of the rifle clubs or shooting sports till date , would love to even participate if i get a chance......i fire air guns from childhood but now i want to upgrade myself to a .22LR rifle.am scared as my freinds went to the authority office for the forms and got a very negative reply .There are rumours that firearms license are banned in rajasthan.
Kindly help me out and give the current guidance that i can own a rifle legally >I dont have any criminal records.any feedback on the post would be appreciated .help me in how to apply for a .22LR in udaipur district.i once went to collector office for inquiry and the clerk told me if u want fill the forms but u will not get it as 2,500 files are pending ..help me out guys .i wanna become a successful shooter but dont have correct equipment (a rifle) to practice with........thank you if u r reading this post.....

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:09 pm

Your query was already answered that join some government recognized rifle shooting club. Then apply for arms license, alongwith arms license application, also attach a copy of document proving your membership of the rifle club. This is the simplest option to get license for .22 rifle for sport.

But if for some reasons you do not want to join a rifle club, then before applying for an arms license you may get in touch with Safarigent to know the ideas from his experience. You can refer this thread for details http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15380

Do not go by the rumours that issuing of arms license is banned etc. Arms are a fundamental right under Articles 19 and 21 of the Constitution of India, hence the question of banning the issue of arms license does not arise. Arms Act 1959 is just a specific regulatory law to regulate the fundamental right to keep and bear arms.

Since they are already sitting on 2500 files, after around 45 days of applying for arms license, you may chase your arms license application by doing an RTI application. For sample questions in RTI you may refer this thread http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10826 If RTI does not wake up the licensing authority, then you may have to approach High Court to get a writ issued, directing the licensing authority to dispose off your application as per the provisions of Arms Act 1959 say within 60 days.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

lakecity_shooter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by lakecity_shooter » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:42 pm

any suggestions for applying in udaipur ?

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:59 pm

Arms Act 1959 and Arms Rules 1962 are same all over India. What do you mean by "any suggestions for applying in udaipur?" Please be very clear and very specific about what you want to know.

lakecity_shooter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by lakecity_shooter » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:46 pm

thanks for the reply..actually my concern is that the collector office officials react in a way here in udaipur as if they have banned firearms ...even heard that i have to bribe them even for a .22 rifle..need some advice on getting a licensed .22LR legally for target practice. i once went for applying and the clerk said .fill the forms if u want but if will not get it.2,500 files are pending...need a gun to practice with .suggest me .i think i am clear now

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:33 pm

Let the collector office officials say or react the way they want. You should not say or react back to their behavior or get into arguments with them. This is what I would be doing:

a) Fill the license application form very carefully and correctly, so that they do not get any legal excuse to reject the application.
b) Give them around 45 days and calmly get the progress of application with help of RTI.
c) If no meaningful progress of application is done in 3-4 months, approach High Court under Article 226 of Constitution to get a writ issued.

Patience and determination is the key. If you read my reply at http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... 55#p148644 you will find that your query has been answered in detail. Please read it again. The usual trick employed in arms licensing offices is to keep your application pending for a long time and in the end reject it giving some imaginary reasons. Be mentally prepared in advance that your application may get delayed or rejected. For this you may take help of RTI and High Court.

lakecity_shooter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by lakecity_shooter » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:33 pm

Thanks a lot goodboy_mentor.........ill count on ur help if i need any guidance in between

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:43 pm

No problem, if you decide to approach the High Court then you may also refer this thread http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15638

varunik
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by varunik » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:46 pm

Hey all!

If a rifle club membership helps in getting a All India permit, then does it matter weather you are a member of district RA (affiliated to state RA, which is affiliatedvto NRAI) or directly to NRAI?

And air guns which fail the deal wood test, can they be included as a 4th weapon?
And is it necessary for it to be off .22caliber? .177 cant entered?
So many times, it happens too fast
You trade your passion for glory
Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive

It's the eye of the tiger
It's the thrill of the fight
Risin' up to the challenge
Of our rival
And the last known survivor
Stalks his prey in the night
And he's watching us all with the
Eye of the tiger

shadow
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by shadow » Fri May 04, 2012 12:33 pm

Dear GBM,

Pls check your PM.

Thanks,
Shadow
"Tourists are terrorists with cameras. Terrorists are tourists with guns.”

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sun May 06, 2012 12:15 pm

Varunik, NOW rifle club membership will not help you in any way getting an ALL INDIA endorsement. If you read the relevant thread(s) under the RKBA section (info also posted on http://www.gunowners.in for e.g. see - http://gunowners.in/media/5-ministry-of ... -vips.html ), you will find out that on 31st March 2010 the Ministry of Home Affairs issued an (illegal) directive to all State Home Deptt.'s ordering them to adhere strictly to the new Arms Policy formulated by the Min. of Home Affairs. As per this directive, the State Home Deptt. may only issue ALL INDIA endorsements for limited categories of persons. Besides sitting MPs, Ministrers, IAS officers etc. there is a category for "National level shooters", this is interpreted by most as a shooter who has participated in at least one national level competition (GVM or NSCC). All other special case/ deserving ALL INDIA applications are to be forwarded by the State Home Deptt.'s to the Ministry of Home Affairs, New Delhi - who will then decide upon them based on merit (read as next to impossible, unless you are related to the Prime Minister).
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein