Arms Licensing just a big Joke

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Arms Licensing just a big Joke

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:52 am

If you go by the orders given by Hon'ble Allahabad High Court attached below, then I feel RTI is not needed(just my opinion as a layman, please confirm from a good lawyer), if you have a proof/date of submission of application of firearm license, that should be sufficient. If you read them you will find, court has directed the license to be issued within 4 months.
Following should be of interest to you, and hope it helps:
Go to http://elegalix.allahabadhighcourt.in/e ... bSearch.do then click on the box that says "Text" and search for "firearm". Search will come up with number of judgments pertaining to firearms.
Following also appears of interest:
http://tirhut-muzaffarpur.bih.nic.in/Co ... f%2005.htm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
dobhal87
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by dobhal87 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:41 am

my reason for joining this site was to gain knowledge about licensing process and apply for one ....as i read somewhere too (other than this site) that an armed man is a citizen rest are subjects...

it is very unfortunate that in the country that claims to be most affected by terrorism has such a draconian procedure to obtain a license...

im quite afraid of being denied a license because neither im being threatened by someone nor im into sport shooting ...still i want a licence because trouble never knocks door before coming....plus one of my uncle has a 1870 made muzzle loader rifle which im dying to get ...because she is a beauty... so my only reason to obtain a license is to get my hands on that rifle....

the only thing i have done in this regard is to buy the form.

GUN GURU !! please suggest what to do...
Freedom :)

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:09 pm

make your application until u do that nothing can be said or done
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:07 pm

dobhal87 wrote: im quite afraid of being denied a license because neither im being threatened by someone nor im into sport shooting ...still i want a licence because trouble never knocks door before coming....plus one of my uncle has a 1870 made muzzle loader rifle which im dying to get ...because she is a beauty... so my only reason to obtain a license is to get my hands on that rifle....

the only thing i have done in this regard is to buy the form.

GUN GURU !! please suggest what to do...
Firstly, there is legally no reason why you should buy a form when its available for download from the Ministry of Home Affairs website. I know many states and districts insist on a Form-'A' procured or issued from the licensing office.... some even go to the extent that you have to submit a written application to obtain an application form!!- The wonders of Indian Governance!

I think a license for the antique ML should be no problem - if your licensing authority is logically oriented. Even for a chronically paranoid babu, an antique ML would not be considered as something that will be a threat to civil society and order.

Best would be to apply, and explain carefully if you are called for an interview.... mention "family heirloom" and even if not expressly required, you could just for the heck of it, get out a registered affidavit from your uncle naming you as legal inheritor of the said item - It may come handy.

regards,
cc
He who can not think, is a fool; he who will not, a bigot; he who dare not - a slave!

dobhal87
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by dobhal87 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:17 am

:idea: :idea: Thanx a ton cotton cheese , actually when i went to the DM office they insisted to buy the form from an outside vendor (may be he was getting a lakh rupee commision for that rs 20 form). so.. when i went to that 'stamp paper vendor ' he asked me what kind of gun i have.... i said a muzzle loading rifle... he said "what bore"?...i was confused ...because they have no exact bore "i think".

so he gave me a form for Rifle and said "this will be good for a .22" .so now here i am all confused !!

can u people please tell me how many types of forms are there ?? and what to download because on the site on Home affairs ministry one universal form is available "identical to mine" ??
Freedom :)

eternalme
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by eternalme » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:36 pm

in UP for DBL you have a diff fee, for pistol you have a diff fee and for rifle you have a diff fee.
There is no difference between bore of the guns, its all crap,for, generally if you want a rifle other than .22 you specify NPB Rifle thats it.
Rest is baboo language and selling trick of the stamp vendors as a lot of confusion goes on in that direction.

If I were you I would hire a lawyer to do the work as I did already for my rifle license, though when he started asking 7500 for a writ then I took the papers and money back and since them my rifle is pending :-0 in the DC's office.
ll====lll lll====ll
lll Subs lll

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:45 am

...moreover the bloody sod of a vendor has no business asking about the gun type or bore.

Form-A is the same for any type of gun, in fact its the all licenses are issued based on information from this form.
He who can not think, is a fool; he who will not, a bigot; he who dare not - a slave!