Applying for an Arms License in India

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
Rottmeister
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Rottmeister » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:03 pm

Yep,Grewaal saab, I have already enquired with the South Calcutta Rifle Club but it seems it shall take a little time. I'm also trying to find out a criminal lawyer who knows his job.
The clash of honor calls -
To stand, when others fall.

For Advertising mail webmaster
nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:25 pm

stay safe should be 1st in order of things, do things quietly and do not fear. we are with you on this.
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

Rottmeister
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Rottmeister » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:19 pm

Dear Naga, I never found so much support in my entire life as I have now; I won't say mere thanks because that's going to bleaken and demean this integrity, so dear IFG brethren, accept my wholehearted gratitude for your concern towards an unknown face.

indian
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Applying for an Arms License in India

Post by indian » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:00 pm

hi rottlord :)

i have seen a few cases in AP Where the district SP provides a gunman and charges a fee of Rs.18500.one relative of mine had 2 of them.im not sure about other states and hope this info helps you.most of the cases involve politicians but there are some non-politicos too.

cheers :)

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:02 pm

Rottlord,
Another option is getting a couple of dogs.

Rottmeister
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Rottmeister » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:35 am

penpusher, I already have a dog; a Roman Rottweiler, to be precise and I rescued him from the vet hospital where one of his former owners had sent him to get him euthanized. But the problm is, I love this little creature a bit too much and would give my right eye to defend him against all adversities.

Rottmeister
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Rottmeister » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:41 am

No SP-s like the one you mentioned I'm aware of in WB. :(

indian
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by indian » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:30 pm

hi everybody :)

my brother had applied for an NPB rifle license in the month of august 2008.he is 24 years old and lived at the same place all these years.the application is still under process and he got a job last month for which he is moving to hyderabad.is it neccessary to inform the authorities??any information and suggestions would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

cheers,
Ravi teja :)

lazybones
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by lazybones » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:02 pm

Indian: My two bits.
I have a couple of friends, currently abroad, who still maintain firearms legally on their Indian license.
If your brother is going to maintain his residence at the same location when he is away; and if the firearm is going to be stored in the area the license is valid for, then there shouldn't be a problem. He will need to be at his old location for the police check and the license issue.

ashok

indian
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by indian » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:06 pm

thanks very much ashok :)

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:29 pm

I have been living in Noida for past 5 years, paying income tax, law abiding citizen working in MNC, has driving license issued at Noida, proof of residences with me, wishing to apply for 12 bore DBBL license. Does anyone know from where I can get the forms etc. in Noida and where to apply. If anyone knows any person who can help me get it done quicker etc. will be all the more helpful.

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:30 am

hi
try the download on the top left, should get to the forms etc from there. As to where to apply try the DC/DM office.
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

Prabhath
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Prabhath » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:31 am

The forms will be available at the Commissioner's office. Please don't rely on people who promise to get the license done quickly for a fee. Avoid middlemen at all costs. Go through proper channels. There is a set process and you need to follow it.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:05 am

I have been living in Noida for past 5 years, paying income tax, law abiding citizen working in MNC, has driving license issued at Noida, proof of residences with me, wishing to apply for 12 bore DBBL license. Does anyone know from where I can get the forms etc. in Noida and where to apply. If anyone knows any person who can help me get it done quicker etc. will be all the more helpful.
In NOIDA the licensing authority would be the local SDM/ DM (of Gautam Budh Nagar?). The forms can be downloaded here or procured from the office of the local licensing authority (for free).

Avoid touts and follow the process that has been detailed on this thread.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

yash3_great

Post by yash3_great » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:36 pm

More detail can be found here:

http://www.noidapolice.com/index_armsam.php