principle of interpretations

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

principle of interpretations

Post by nagarifle » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:22 pm

Here is something i came across.

It is settled principle of interpretation that if two view are possible, and one view makes a statutory provision unconstitutional while the other view makes it constitutional, then the latter should be preferred. Hence, we should construe the provisions of the Arms Act in a manner that they become in conformity with Article 21 of the Constitution.

Can any one find :

Ganesh Chandra Bhatt Vs. D.M. Almora(UP): All cri. Cases(march 93) vol 30, part 3
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

For Advertising mail webmaster
m24
Veteran
Veteran

Re: principle of interpretations

Post by m24 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:53 pm

Is this what you want??

Regards
Jeff Cooper advocated four basic rules of gun safety:
1) All guns are always loaded. Even if they are not, treat them as if they are.
2) Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
3) Keep your finger off the trigger till your sights are on the target.
4) Identify your target, and what is behind it.

thomast1
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by thomast1 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:07 pm

thats quite a noble thought and leaves a lot desired.. like what is to be interpreted.
Thomas

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:20 pm

thanks m24 good work, :D
Nagarifle

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:35 pm

The theory of chance consists in reducing all the events of the same kind to a certain number of cases equally possible, that is to say, to such as we may be equally undecided about in regard to their existence, and in determining the number of cases favorable to the event whose probability is sought. The ratio of this number to that of all the cases possible is the measure of this probability, which is thus simply a fraction whose numerator is the number of favorable cases and whose denominator is the number of all the cases possible. ( Laplace:1814)

reminds me of Hegel:

In the preface to the History of Philosophy, Hegel tells us that “the history of a subject is necessarily intimately connected with the conception which is formed of it.”
We justify our history of philosophy by appealing to a concept of philosophy that is itself the result of this history. One way out of this circle would be simply to ground philosophy in political life, as Marx, for example, does. However, Hegel states, quite clearly and explicitly, that the relation between philosophy and politics is not simply a matter of causal or temporal order. The category of causality should not be applied to the originary rela- tionship between philosophy and politics. “Hence political history, forms of government, art and religion are not related to philosophy as its causes, nor, on the other hand, is philosophy the ground of their existence—one and all have the same common root, the spirit of the time.” In other words, philoso- phy and politics are the same thing in different forms: a difference expressed in the difference (and similarity) between Absolute and Objective spirit.
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:42 pm

eh eljefe, upni bishi deep ase na? :wink:
Nagarifle

OverUnderPump
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by OverUnderPump » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:51 pm

Bohut deep aase, Mariana Trench. Need to head down under to catch up with our beloved doc' and shoot some lead.

regards
8)
OUP
The universe was born with a BIG BANG, no wonder guns run in my blood.

Disclaimer: My post is either a question or a reply to one. I am stating an opinion. If my opinion differs from yours, It's not intended as an insult.

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:54 am

i belive that eljefe is high on smokeless stuff and has effected his delicate brains. :lol:
Nagarifle

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:25 pm

eljefe wrote:The theory of chance consists in reducing all the events of the same kind to a certain number of cases equally possible, that is to say, to such as we may be equally undecided about in regard to their existence, and in determining the number of cases favorable to the event whose probability is sought. The ratio of this number to that of all the cases possible is the measure of this probability, which is thus simply a fraction whose numerator is the number of favorable cases and whose denominator is the number of all the cases possible. ( Laplace:1814)

reminds me of Hegel:

In the preface to the History of Philosophy, Hegel tells us that “the history of a subject is necessarily intimately connected with the conception which is formed of it.”
We justify our history of philosophy by appealing to a concept of philosophy that is itself the result of this history. One way out of this circle would be simply to ground philosophy in political life, as Marx, for example, does. However, Hegel states, quite clearly and explicitly, that the relation between philosophy and politics is not simply a matter of causal or temporal order. The category of causality should not be applied to the originary rela- tionship between philosophy and politics. “Hence political history, forms of government, art and religion are not related to philosophy as its causes, nor, on the other hand, is philosophy the ground of their existence—one and all have the same common root, the spirit of the time.” In other words, philoso- phy and politics are the same thing in different forms: a difference expressed in the difference (and similarity) between Absolute and Objective spirit.
James Martineau's Types of Ethical Theory as quoted in P.G.Wodehouse's Jeeves series.
"Of the two antithetic terms in the Greek philosophy one only was real and self-subsisting; and that one was Ideal Thought as opposed to that which it has to penetrate and mould. The other, corresponding to our Nature, was in itself phenomenal, unreal, without any permanent footing, having no predicates that held true for two moments together; in short, redeemed from negation only by including indwelling realities appearing through....."

I did not get it nearly two decades ago and certainly not now. :roll: :evil:

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:37 pm

oh no not another one high on something or the other et tu Vikers :wink:
Nagarifle

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:58 pm

"When you wake up in the morning, Pooh," said Piglet at last, "what's the first thing you say to yourself?"
"What's for breakfast? said Pooh. "What do you say, Piglet?"
"I say, I wonder what's going to happen exciting today?" said Piglet.
Pooh nodded thoughtfully.
"It's the same thing," he said.

Through working in harmony with life's circumstances, Taoist understanding changes what others may percieve as negative into something positive.

When you discard arrogance, complexity, and a few other things that get in the way, sooner or later you will discover that simple, childlike, and mysterious secret known to those of the Uncarved Block: Life is Fun.

The wise are not learned; the learned are not wise

A well-frog cannot imagine the ocean, nor can a summer insect conceive of ice. How then can a scholar understand the Tao? He is restricted by his own learning.

"Lots of people talk to animals," said Pooh.
"Not that many listen though."
"That's the problem."

You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are.

Everything has its own place and function. That applies to people, although many don't seem to realize it, stuck as they are in the wrong job, the wrong marriage, or the wrong house. When you know and respect your Inner Nature, you know where you belong. You also know where you don't belong.

" ... but, no matter how he may seem to others, especially to those fooled by appearances, Pooh, the Uncarved Block, is able to accomplish what he does because he is simpleminded." (12)

" From the state of the Uncarved Block comes the ability to enjoy the simple and the quiet, the natural and the plain. Along with that comes the ability to do things spontaneously and have them work, odd as that may appear to others at times. As Piglet put it in Winnie-the-Pooh, "Pooh hasn't much Brain, but he never comes to any harm. He does silly things and they turn out right." (21)

" Not like Pooh, the most effortless Bear we've ever seen."
"Just How do you do it, Pooh?"
"Do What?" asked Pooh.
"Become so Effortless."
"I don't do much of anything," he said.
"But all those things of yours get done."
"They just sort of happen," he said (70)

" It's not surprisng, therefore, that the Backson thinks of progress in terms of fighting and overcoming. One of his little idiosyncrasies, you might say. Of course real progress involves growing and developing, which involves changing inside, but that's something the inflexible Backson is unwilling to do."

"While Eeyore frets ...
... and Piglet hesitates
... and Rabbit calculates
... and Owl pontificates
...Pooh just is.
He who can not think, is a fool; he who will not, a bigot; he who dare not - a slave!

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:12 pm

Naga, see how easy interpretation is?
Not deep, just skimming the surface of reality, I think!
It becomes what we want it to be. Hegel, I like him in a disjointed way,for helping to popularise the hindu way of life, (probably the fore runner of the Aryan supremacy thought) gave his best shot at understanding hindu philosophy, helping the west understand what a conundrum we are!became an oft thought enigma for me. Still is, actually.
Along came
Kud hi ko kar bulund itna
ki har taqdir ke pehle
Khuda bande se khud pooche
bata, teri raza kya hai?
In effect, make yourself, write your own destiny

Somebody told me a long time ago-careful what you wish for-it may really happen! Then i read about it, and - ITS TRUE!

high on smoke less stuff? yup, blown up 4kg of powder 2206H! wotta blast , mate!
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:05 pm

+1 cottage cheese.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

veeveeaar
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by veeveeaar » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:50 am

Fellow IFGians, I think we NEED TO OPEN A NEW FORUM to put together our BITTER experiences with licencing authorities and suggest corruption, nepotism ,and foolproof ammendments, for the sake of all present and future arms licencees and bring our fair , unambigous and practical interpretation of the ARMS ACT AND RULES , so that the people at NAGRI , MHA, MPs, MLAs, and all stake holders can have a feel of what it is actually for the law abiding common INDIAN
veeveeaar

m24
Veteran
Veteran

Post by m24 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:02 pm

The reason NAGRI came up was to give voice to the oppressed lot. NAGRI core team is part of the oppressed lot.

Everybody else, now that's a different story.

Regards
Jeff Cooper advocated four basic rules of gun safety:
1) All guns are always loaded. Even if they are not, treat them as if they are.
2) Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
3) Keep your finger off the trigger till your sights are on the target.
4) Identify your target, and what is behind it.