All India Endorsement

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
revolver
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: All India Endorsement

Post by revolver » Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:16 pm

Reddick wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:41 am
Dhanwad Vineet ji 😍

Please tell me ,anybody, that what is the necessary information or prevailing laws , rules which were needed to comply with while carrying my arms at any part of the country?
Likewise , some say that a nearest police station shall be informed about your AIV license if you were staying there for a night or two or like some other formalities 🤔
So , please share your valuable suggestions and information here 🙂
Thanks a lot 😇
Rules for carrying the weapon on AIV dictate that the nearest police station to be informed only if the licencee are staying at a particular place for a “longish” duration or if that particular place falls under the “election code of conduct” due to the prevailing elections. The licensee will have to register transfer and endorse his/her weapon with the local district authority or commissionerate as applicable if he/she by the virtue of their profession or otherwise re-locate either temporarily or permanently from the place of residence from where the license was originally applied and granted.

Apart from the above mentioned two conditions AIV allows the licencee to carry his/her weapon without having to declare it to local authorities/police while they are transiting or staying at places across India for a “reasonably short” duration.

However, the licensee needs to make sure that there are no specific orders in vogue by authorities at the places they visit like Sec 144 being imposed etc when they might have to inform local police about their weapon.

For Advertising mail webmaster
revolver
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by revolver » Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:25 pm

[quote=Okay , no more time pass , I would like to share the exciting news with my forum friends that four days ago I had succeeded in acquiring an All India Arms License :twisted:
[/quote]

What is the nomenclature used by the licensing authority on your licence while granting you All India Validity? What does the stamp read. Here in Mumbai, under the the place of validity of License, the stamp endorsed reads “UNION OF INDIA”. Does this nomenclature vary from state to state? I know it is different for AIV issued to JnK Arms licences.

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:06 am

My license reads ‘Throughout India’
Earlier they used to write ‘All India’
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

Reddick
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Reddick » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:09 am

@revolver , Thank you for your information 😎
And , it reads Area Validity - 'Throughout India'

Some states also issues navy blue or dark blue coloured Arms License booklet to AIV License holders.

revolver
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by revolver » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:08 am

Reddick wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:09 am
@revolver , Thank you for your information 😎
And , it reads Area Validity - 'Throughout India'

Some states also issues navy blue or dark blue coloured Arms License booklet to AIV License holders.
Yes as in the case in Mumbai where Navy Blue coloured Arms License booklet is issued to AIV license holder. But nomenclature is “Indian Union”.

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:51 pm

revolver wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:16 pm
Rules for carrying the weapon on AIV dictate that the nearest police station to be informed only if the licencee are staying at a particular place for a “longish” duration or if that particular place falls under the “election code of conduct” due to the prevailing elections.
One can not carry his weapon in an area where election is going on. There is no clause in Arms Act 1959 or Arms Rules 2016 which allows you to carry weapon in election area.
Vineet Armoury

Reddick
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Reddick » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:35 am

Well , during the implementation of Model Code of Conduct in an election prone area , if the licensee had applied for and had got the required exemption from the D.M , then he can carry the weapon(s) in that area also.
Provided that the D.M had been convinced that the carrier requires the weapon during those times likewise :-

1. A sportsperson for shooting practice for upcoming events. Some letters had been posted by N.R.A.I also in this regard.
2. A VIP like M.L.A , M.P , Minister , Chairperson , etc. further provided that he is not a standing candidate in the elections.
3. Any other individual having a pressing need for the exemption

But , there were scarce chances that someone may get such an exemption :(

Secondly , an area notified as 'Disturbed Area' by M.H.A , almost everyone had to deposit their weapons and probably no exemption shall be granted to anyone as the matter is before the Union Home Ministry , and a D.M is helpless before such an authority :o

Please correct me if I'm wrong ^^

mankaran1
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by mankaran1 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:45 pm

Hi Friends,

Hope you all are well !!! Congratulations to everyone who has got their All India recently!!!

So, I had got an AIV on my arms licence in 2017 and it was valid upto a period of 3 years (Which is now expired 2017-2020).

Wanted to check with my fellow IFG friends if they have also got their recent All India only for a period of 3 years? Or permanent?

As I do know that previously they used to issue AIV for lifetime , now authorities say since 2016 they issue only for 3 years.

Hence wanted to know from you all if I have to follow the same tedious procedure again ( Local Police Station to Home Secy ) or can it directly be renewed by DC/DCP.

Thanks in Advance!

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:04 pm

mankaran1 wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:45 pm
Hi Friends,

Hope you all are well !!! Congratulations to everyone who has got their All India recently!!!

So, I had got an AIV on my arms licence in 2017 and it was valid upto a period of 3 years (Which is now expired 2017-2020).

Wanted to check with my fellow IFG friends if they have also got their recent All India only for a period of 3 years? Or permanent?

As I do know that previously they used to issue AIV for lifetime , now authorities say since 2016 they issue only for 3 years.

Hence wanted to know from you all if I have to follow the same tedious procedure again ( Local Police Station to Home Secy ) or can it directly be renewed by DC/DCP.

Thanks in Advance!
Central government in 2010, made a rule that AIV for normal citizens will not be allowed and if anyone need it genuinely then authorities can allow for three years and after that it will be reviewed. This rule got implemented 1st April 2010.

Government said that maximum three neighbouring states could be added for permanent area validity. My AIV file reached Home Department on 4th April 2010 and was rejected. I then applied for three neighbouring states, which was approved.

This rule came to an end in 2016 when new rules i.e Arms Rules 2016 came into force.

Authorities are not quite upto date with rules and in your case it looks like they continued with the three years validity in 2017 where as the rule ended in 2016.

I have got AIV in 2019 and it’s permanent.
Vineet Armoury

Operator
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Operator » Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:03 am

Hi ,happy new year to all gun lovers and enthusiasts. I am desperately looking for the notification or the paragraph in the arms act where it says the DM or DC of the district has the power to grant an all India validity for arms license ?
Thanks in advance , went through the act but could not find it .

Nayyar
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Nayyar » Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:16 pm

It is very tough to get an all india endorsement these days until and unless -

1. You have a very good reason for the same ( Travel for business and transactions with cash or a life threat outside of state of license issued)
2. You are a sports person like aspiring shooter or renowned. ( in this case u get an all india as u need to carry weapons for competitions)
3. Personal recommendation from Member of parliament
Hope this helps. (y)

nikhilpunalur
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by nikhilpunalur » Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:29 pm

Ranveer wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:03 am
Hi ,happy new year to all gun lovers and enthusiasts. I am desperately looking for the notification or the paragraph in the arms act where it says the DM or DC of the district has the power to grant an all India validity for arms license ?
Thanks in advance , went through the act but could not find it .
its not the DM, its the state govt. refer page 89

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:15 am

DM can extend the area to All India for MP’s, Sports persons, Personnel of Defence Forces, Officers of All-India services. For all others it’s the State Govt. Please check point no 19, page no. 15 of Arms Rules 2016.
Vineet Armoury

vaibhavyadav
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by vaibhavyadav » Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:04 pm

Vineet has correctly defined the powers granted to DMs/Licensing Authorities for the grant of “All India Validity”. Remaining cases are sent to the Governor.

Mk621
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Mk621 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:15 pm

What is the rule on 3 neighbouring states validity? Who can give that?