NSP handguns

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
pgupta
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: NSP handguns

Post by pgupta » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:32 am

I checked and guns issued to army officers can be sold there is no legal Hassel. My father had sold his pistol couple of years ago as he was finding it difficult to handle two weapons due to his age and health. Now he is transferring his license to me under heirloom.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mk621
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Mk621 » Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:55 pm

pgupta wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:32 am
I checked and guns issued to army officers can be sold there is no legal Hassel. My father had sold his pistol couple of years ago as he was finding it difficult to handle two weapons due to his age and health. Now he is transferring his license to me under heirloom.

Hello PGupta
Would you like to update if you got the lisc in your name under hireloom category. what is the currect state and which place have you applied in? thanks

Mk621
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Mk621 » Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:57 pm

Hello All,
can u anyone tell me if there is a way to check if a weapon was a NSP weapon or not.? can that be checked online or somewhere.

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:40 pm

Mk621 wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:57 pm
Hello All,
can u anyone tell me if there is a way to check if a weapon was a NSP weapon or not.? can that be checked online or somewhere.
It can be checked from arms license of the Licencee. It will have the detail from where the weapon got issued to the licensee.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:44 pm

pgupta wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:32 am
Check your father’s license carefully. It will have a stamp that the weapon can not be sold or transferred to anyone. The weapon has to be returned to issuing authority only.

Yes many times these weapons are sold in the civilian markets. That’s because the district arms branches doesn’t know the complete rules themselves. Also the weapon which is issued in few hundred bucks is sold in lacs in the civilian market.
Vineet Armoury

veejosh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by veejosh » Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:25 am

If he has a valid sale permission you can always buy it. The Deputy commissioner here is the permitting authority after the SP office clears it. I wonder where the problem is?

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:53 am

The problem is that sometimes DM is not aware of the law himself. They don’t read the documents properly and miss the line which says that the weapon can not be sold and it has to be returned back.
Vineet Armoury

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:40 am

veejosh wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:25 am
If he has a valid sale permission you can always buy it. The Deputy commissioner here is the permitting authority after the SP office clears it. I wonder where the problem is?
Search my posts.I had posted two links of court proceedings on sale of NSP weapons by ex military man.
They had sold a m1 Garand and a 30 pistol which were allotted to them on arm license.they sold it to a dealer and
authorities checked records and found a rifle and pistol allotted from Jabalpur depot were sold they registered a criminal
case against dealer and they notified army about it.Army took action and bot soldiers were arrested and were tried
under criminal offences at army court at jodhpur.Soldiers bought back both weapons and deposited in army depot still
they faced trial because they committed crime by selling them and depositing back can not undo that.That dealer got
acquitted from court because he bought weapon on distt magistrate permission.Buyer will not get affected he paid money and
bought from shop on bill.Dealer may face trials but not will get out some way.It will always be Army person who will be at receiving end
so if a army person is willing to sell a nsp weapon always guide him in right direction.A NSP weapon after the death of alotee will be returned
to army and if a family decides to keep it under heirloom then they will have to file a case to army tribunal and they will decide.it tribunal
gives it to family they can sell it without any issue.

maverickwebley
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by maverickwebley » Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:41 am

Kittu wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:40 am
veejosh wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:25 am
Search my posts.I had posted two links of court proceedings on sale of NSP weapons by ex military man.
They had sold a m1 Garand and a 30 pistol which were allotted to them on arm license.they sold it to a dealer and
authorities checked records and found a rifle and pistol allotted from Jabalpur depot were sold they registered a criminal
case against dealer and they notified army about it.Army took action and bot soldiers were arrested and were tried
under criminal offences at army court at jodhpur.Soldiers bought back both weapons and deposited in army depot still
they faced trial because they committed crime by selling them and depositing back can not undo that.That dealer got
acquitted from court because he bought weapon on distt magistrate permission.Buyer will not get affected he paid money and
bought from shop on bill.Dealer may face trials but not will get out some way.It will always be Army person who will be at receiving end
so if a army person is willing to sell a nsp weapon always guide him in right direction.A NSP weapon after the death of alotee will be returned
to army and if a family decides to keep it under heirloom then they will have to file a case to army tribunal and they will decide.it tribunal
gives it to family they can sell it without any issue.
Sir Can you post that court order link again.

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:19 pm

search my posts. I think someone wanted to sell Springfield bolt action M1903 rifle which he or his father got from Jabalpur army depot.
so i warned him not to do so and posted 2 links about court proceedings i got from indiankanoon.org i don't remember links now its been
long time. maybe thread got deleted it was very small thread. Main thing is you can not sell NSP weapon after death of weapon holder
if family members wants to keep weapon as family heirloom then case will go to a army standing committee and they in most cases gives weapon
to family permanently after that it can be sold. Ask Vineet in his state many dealers received sarkari hospitality for selling NSP weapons.