Citizens being disarmed- revoking license

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
StampMaster
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Citizens being disarmed- revoking license

Post by StampMaster » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:20 am

Hello,

In the past 3-4 months, 3 AL holders I know, licenses have been revoked. This bring to my surprise that there is an unofficial order going from the govt to the licensing authority to minimize the legal arms in use by not granting in first place or revoke them at the time of renewal. Or just keep the AL holder on long wait during the renewal process or when when issuing without any update.

I have advice them 1 holder (whose AL is for renewal) to write back the licensing authority to renew their giving the reason for which they've receive the AL in first place. And for people whose AL is revoked to file writ in their local High Court.

I have shared the judgement posted in this forum- part 1 and Part 2.

I would like to low if any member of in this forum also had such issue? And if you have a remedy, it would be great.
”Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.”

For Advertising mail webmaster
azizQuadri
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Citizens being disarmed- revoking license

Post by azizQuadri » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:18 pm

StampMaster wrote:Hello,

In the past 3-4 months, 3 AL holders I know, licenses have been revoked. This bring to my surprise that there is an unofficial order going from the govt to the licensing authority to minimize the legal arms in use by not granting in first place or revoke them at the time of renewal. Or just keep the AL holder on long wait during the renewal process or when when issuing without any update.

I have advice them 1 holder (whose AL is for renewal) to write back the licensing authority to renew their giving the reason for which they've receive the AL in first place. And for people whose AL is revoked to file writ in their local High Court.

I have shared the judgement posted in this forum- part 1 and Part 2.

I would like to low if any member of in this forum also had such issue? And if you have a remedy, it would be great.
Hi, I've applied for arms license in the month of may18 and since then following up with the police officials, since there was a lot of delay i happened to take an appointment with the Commissioner, And on meeting him I requested him to take up the file and speed up the process to which his reply was

" if we give away gun licenses like this, our place would become America, where every one will be roaming with a gun in his waist.............tell me if you have any threat I will take care and......."

on this i left his office and understood that he is not going to help me and went on to make an appeal with the Home Department, met the Appellate authority, explained him the scenario and also showed him the rule book stating timelines and few recent judgments of high court, the appellate authority was very cooperative and immediately ordered the arms clerk to settle the issue in 30 days, the arms clerk is doing the need full by consistently staying in touch with me, and 30 days timeline is not yet finished, hopefully ill get my license soon.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Citizens being disarmed- revoking license

Post by goodboy_mentor » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:09 pm

StampMaster wrote:I have shared the judgement posted in this forum- part 1 and Part 2.
While these judgments are all right but they are only hitting around the bush. So long the citizens do not apply their mind about their rights and remain happy licking and sucking the lollipop of a license, there is hardly any meaningful solution to this menace. I have been repeatedly requesting everyone on this forum to identify and understand the root cause of the problem in the Arms Act 1959. The problem is the lack of clarity of the jurisdiction of the State and State encroaching into that area. This has to be judicially clarified and stopped. The following links discuss this matter, you may share them -

1. click here
2. click here

The content in the posts via the first link is more important than the contents via the posts in the second link. The contents via the second link can be used as Annexure to the main petition.

As I have already mentioned in the first link above, there are two components in this licensing game, they are reasonable restrictions and taxation. What is the logical basis of renewal and taxation of non commercial activity of possession of firearm(your non commercial property) after every three years? If you have done a crime with that firearm, you will be immediately arrested by police and the firearm confiscated, it will become case property. Then what does this exercise of renewal and taxation of non commercial possession of firearm achieve after every three years? Isn't it only taxation? From where in the Constitution is the jurisdiction of taxation for non commercial activity flowing from for this taxation? If anyone is able to find the source of jurisdiction please share it here. I will be really grateful.

Most of you must be familiar with the requirement of driving license. Isn't it because you are driving on the roads that belong to the State? The roads are State property. For doing the activity of driving on them you need license(license means permission) from State. For getting that permission(to use property i.e. roads that belongs to State) you fulfill certain reasonable restrictions(like driving test etc.) and also give regular taxation for that license. This licensing is tied to activity on the property that is not yours. Your personal firearm is your property, not the property of the State. Then why this license, why this taxation? Hope you are able to understand the points.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992