Additional license for Aspiring Shooter

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
amitganpule
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Additional license for Aspiring Shooter

Post by amitganpule » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:07 pm

Dear Friends,
I am an aspiring shooter from Gujarat. I already hold an arms license under protection category (Valid in Gujarat state).
I have applied for a seperate licence under aspiring shooter with a permission for ammunition limit as per the notification and validity for All India.
The officers at the Collectors office want some evidence that an additional license can be issued while keeping the existing license as it is. They are asking me to convert the existing license to sports which I don't want to.
I have put up copies of licenses issued to another shooter under two separate categories however that want either a notification or a precedent order by competent authority where additional license has been issued.
I am looking forward to some help from knowledgeable persons in this regard.
Thanking you
Amit Ganpule

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Additional license for Aspiring Shooter

Post by mundaire » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:57 pm

Topic split from the Arms Rules 2016 thread, request you not to hijack an unrelated thread in future.

On to your question. Per the Aspiring Shooter norms-

1) the Licensing authority should give you an addition on your existing license (see MINISTRY OF HOME AFFAIRS NOTIFICATION S.O. 1988(E) dated 4th August, 2014) - can be downloaded from http://www.thenrai.in/details.aspx?view=56 )

2) Increase the ammunition quota (across all firearms held by the aspiring shooter) to 15,000/ 30,000 (see Rule 40. Arms Rules 2016 can be downloaded from viewtopic.php?f=47&t=24511 )

3) Increase area of validity to All India (see MINISTRY OF HOME AFFAIRS NOTIFICATION S.O. 1988(E) dated 4th August, 2014) - can be downloaded from http://www.thenrai.in/details.aspx?view=56 )

Read the above mentioned documents and you will clearly see that your local licensing authority is simply trying to harass you.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein