New arms rule and transfer to legal heirs

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
tonygunlover
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

New arms rule and transfer to legal heirs

Post by tonygunlover » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:46 pm

Dear all,
My late father had two guns a 0.22 savage and a double barrel 12 ga for more than 30 years. After this death I submitted both the guns at local police station and applied for a new license to claim for the guns.. I got my license after 2 years of struggle but in the first attempt , once they agreed to grant me license I was asked which one of the 2 guns do I want cause according to new rule they can give permission for only one gun for any new license. I tried a a lot and the local clerk showed me a rule by home ministry saying that for permission for only 1 weapon can be given for a new license.. I don't understand why my application was considered as a new application?? I applied as a legal heir so O should have got both.. Now I have got savage on my name and the local authorities have suggested me to apply for another license for my brother or sister to get the other gun.. Is there anyone who has faced a similar problem?? And any solution for this? I have discussed with one gentleman whose father had 3 weapons and he got permission for one but later on he applied in the court and got permission for all the 3.
smilies_007
tonygunlover
Cal .22
Cal .22

My Guns: IHP National .177
City: Betul

For Advertising mail webmaster
sudhirsingh12b
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: New arms rule and transfer to legal heirs

Post by sudhirsingh12b » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:42 pm

Dear,
You have to Apply for Each Weapon Separately.
Now Apply for double barrel 12 GA.

tonygunlover
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by tonygunlover » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:45 am

Thanks for your suggestion but the local licensing authority is not ready to accept.. They are suggesting to apply for a new license for another legal heir which is again against the rules (only one person can be a legal heir) . It's impossible to convince them.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:16 pm

tonygunlover wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:45 am
Thanks for your suggestion but the local licensing authority is not ready to accept.. They are suggesting to apply for a new license for another legal heir which is again against the rules (only one person can be a legal heir) . It's impossible to convince them.
Get a lawyer draft an appeal to the concerned appellate authority in your state Home Deptt. If that fails, file a writ in court.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein