Training certificate for arms licence

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
Peacefulguns
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Training certificate for arms licence

Post by Peacefulguns » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:31 pm

Hi folks. Some information urgently needed. A friend just received his licence from the Patna DM. But they are not endorsing his father's weapon on the licence till he submits an arms training certificate. They are also apparently asking people who have not submitted the certificate earlier to do so now.

Any information as to who in Bihar or Jharkhand is authorised to issue this certificate would be very welcome.

Thanks in advance.

For Advertising mail webmaster
UDAYANJADHAV
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Training certificate for arms licence

Post by UDAYANJADHAV » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:09 pm

Long story short, there is ambiguity on this topic and all are confused. But I recommend watching this video and other two videos in this channel-

The host in this video Mr. Awadhesh Kumar, is informing that till now there has been no notification issued about who will be the training certificate issuing authority, and till such authority is declared, the certificate is not mandatory.
In the comment section of this channel, someone is claiming that a police body is issuing training certificate without even firing a single round, just give the money and collect certificate. I have tried searching it for you but when I watched it there were hardly and comments and now there are much more. So I recommend you watch his videos and go through Arms Amendment Act 2019 to reach a conclusion.

sumbriavikramaditya
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sumbriavikramaditya » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:53 pm

This video came to my mind when I read this topic's headline. As I watched it today only. Very informative video by Adv. Awadhesh Kumar ji. He can be contacted for the legal help via the number provided in the description of this video.

Regards

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:41 am

In Punjab, training certificate is given by Punjab Police Armourer of the district.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

sourabhsangale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sourabhsangale » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:56 am

Or else go to other state where the facility is available for certification , take from them .

sudhirsingh12b
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sudhirsingh12b » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:02 pm

In Varanasi- Uttar Pradesh ,
Training certificate is given by Armourer Office in Police Line.

Peacefulguns
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Peacefulguns » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:06 pm

Thanks for the video Udayan. Very informative.

UDAYANJADHAV
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by UDAYANJADHAV » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:40 pm

πŸ™ My pleasure

pgupta
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by pgupta » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:36 pm

It's a very informative video, but I guess the problem in real life is that how many people are willing to go to the courts given that it will take so much time and effort and maybe a decade to get a resolution for the issue.

KDS991213
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by KDS991213 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:51 am

Peacefulguns wrote: ↑
Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:31 pm
Hi folks. Some information urgently needed. A friend just received his licence from the Patna DM. But they are not endorsing his father's weapon on the licence till he submits an arms training certificate. They are also apparently asking people who have not submitted the certificate earlier to do so now.

Any information as to who in Bihar or Jharkhand is authorised to issue this certificate would be very welcome.

Thanks in advance.
There is no such thing as training certificate. The government had proposed a training system in arms act but they haven't taken any action on it. All the training certificate you have seen or you will see is mostly either freely handed over or bribed.

veeveeaar
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by veeveeaar » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:14 pm

You can get S1 Firearms Handling and safety training from any Renowned Shooter, or from the police armourer, only for the sake of it. The actual situation is most renowned shooters or police armourers are not familiar with the Standard civilian protection fire arm . They are more used to the competetion or service weapons respectievely which are not all useful for Self protection from criminals or in some cases from animals.
Many target shooters or police armourers have never used or even seen Hammer Shotguns, Revolvers or other types of rifles. ( they interpret "" SHOTGUN "' as SHORT GUN ) This clause is an unwanted and wastefull scapegoat for the corrupt officials.

dada_yuvraj_13
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by dada_yuvraj_13 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:53 am

Thanks in advance.
But in the arms act 2016 it is clear say in Rule 10 sub-rule 3 clearly states that (The effective date and duration of the safety training course as laid down in sub-rule (1) shall be notified by the Central Government by issuing a general or special order in this regard.) Means it has not been notified yet
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Som23
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Som23 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:07 pm

dada_yuvraj_13 wrote: ↑
Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:53 am

Thanks in advance.
But in the arms act 2016 it is clear say in Rule 10 sub-rule 3 clearly states that (The effective date and duration of the safety training course as laid down in sub-rule (1) shall be notified by the Central Government by issuing a general or special order in this regard.) Means it has not been notified yet
Hi. Did you get sufficient information on whether the training certificate is required. Even on a Form II/III/IV for arms license application I see the wording: "the applicant has undergone training as specified under rule 10 (whenever made applicable by the Central Government)". I'm confused by the conflicting information.

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:03 pm

This is latest ruling. Training certificate is compulsory and should be issued by State police department.
36eb27e9-e92b-4be1-9e8b-e8c38c468278.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

Som23
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Som23 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:06 pm

Vineet wrote: ↑
Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:03 pm
This is latest ruling. Training certificate is compulsory and should be issued by State police department.
36eb27e9-e92b-4be1-9e8b-e8c38c468278.jpeg
Thank you so much for the reply. I'm part of a local rifle club(has some recognition on the state and national shooting competitions) that is telling me to enroll for their training course on arms handling. But from what I understand from this order, this kind of training course doesn't qualify to issue the training certificate required for an arms license? I would have to get a training certificate from the State Police Department?