Legality of 9x21 mm?

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
Karan13121999
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Legality of 9x21 mm?

Post by Karan13121999 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:24 pm

Is 9x21 mm legal in India? I mean does it fall under permissible or restricted category? 9mm does fall under restricted category but 9x21 mm isn't specifically mentioned unlike some other rounds.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
partheus
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Legality of 9x21 mm?

Post by partheus » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:32 am

As your screenshot shows, only 9X19 mm luger/parabellum is restricted. Therefore, any other cartridge is permissible, including all of the 9X21 mm variety. I doubt you can find any 9X21 ammunition here though.

sourabhsangale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sourabhsangale » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:02 pm

That is true but explaining it to authorities is a big task as 99 percent of them don’t know arms act .
1 percent just want to satisfy their ego buy not listening to one what is saying .
In pune .45 is not allowed , They give BS reason and just dont enter it on license.
Reason asked rply is not allowed in my jurisdiction.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:43 pm

9x21 would be a "permissible calibre" colloquially called NPB.

The list of restricted calibres is a "negative list" i.e. anything not specifically mentioned there is automatically "permissible" i.e. NPB.

The Pune authorities are clearly not adhering to the law by denying licenses for .45 ACP, as it has been removed from the restricted list as of 2016 (when the new Arms Rules were notified).

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

sourabhsangale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sourabhsangale » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:52 pm

Yes you are right sir , but main problem is that they are also no open to discussion also and they don’t know want to study the law also .
As far i have the experience with pune authorities.
Best option in this case is to go to high court only .

marksman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by marksman » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:54 pm

sourabhsangale wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:52 pm
Yes you are right sir , but main problem is that they are also no open to discussion also and they don’t know want to study the law also .
As far i have the experience with pune authorities.
Best option in this case is to go to high court only .
Convince the top licensing authority in Pune to confer with CP, Mumbai Police.Also take a printed copy of the latest Amended Arms Act and leave it with him to read. I myself have sent a copy to the concerned police station of my jurisdiction and another to Arms Dept. Mumbai.
Best of luck

Marksman

sourabhsangale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sourabhsangale » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:20 pm

Regarding what have you sent the copy sir ?
Please post something about it as we might also get some more knowledge about it .
Thanks !

partheus
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by partheus » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:08 pm

sourabhsangale wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:20 pm
Regarding what have you sent the copy sir ?
Please post something about it as we might also get some more knowledge about it .
Thanks !
I think he's referring to the arms rule 2016. You can download it here -> https://dipp.gov.in/sites/default/files ... 281%29.pdf

On page 192, it clearly defines restricted and permissible arms.

Also, if the authorities in Pune aren't even aware of the 2016 changes, then there's a good chance they don't have a clue about the latest 2020 amendments, in which case it would be best if you added a copy of those as well...

http://egazette.nic.in/WriteReadData/2020/216103.pdf

sourabhsangale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sourabhsangale » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:49 pm

They are not aware of anything. As my license was renewed recently. According to news rule it should have been done for 5 years . They did only for 3 years .

Fools they are !

partheus
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by partheus » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:25 pm

sourabhsangale wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:49 pm
They are not aware of anything. As my license was renewed recently. According to news rule it should have been done for 5 years . They did only for 3 years .

Fools they are !
I am constantly flummoxed by how "ignorance of the law is no defense" is used by legal authorities to imprison/fine citizens when they don't do as it says, but when the authorities do the same they are simply directed to do their duties by a court without any entailing punishment.

Correct me if I am wrong but the authorities you are dealing with are clearly acting illegally here. Their refusal to add a 45 to your license and extend it by three years when it should be five is at the very least a misdemeanor and should be treated as such. They should at least have an entry made in their records so that it may affect their future postings and appraisals or they should be fined.

sourabhsangale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sourabhsangale » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:42 pm

To fine them or to teach them a lesson ,only way is high court .
I don’t find any sense in going to them and begging please read this , read that . Its only a waste of time .

My ammo quota which according to news rule i had applied is pending from December.

Some idiot sent it to local police station, which was total waste of time . If such things continue one day , which is not that far i will appeal WRIT in high court .