Replacement of hand guns

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
djneog
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Replacement of hand guns

Post by djneog » Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:47 pm

I am at present holding a .32 Ashani Pistol. Now, I want to sell the .32 Ashani and purchase an NP Glock Pistol in place of the .32 Ashani. What is the procedure for selling the old one and acquire a new Glock of Taurus pistol into the existing licence? Will the District Magistrate allow me to purchase a .357 or .40 calibre Glock pistol in place of the .32 Ashani? Pl, advise.

For Advertising mail webmaster
sourabhsangale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Replacement of hand guns

Post by sourabhsangale » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:48 pm

Yes you can , go to DM office get from for permission to sell the weapon. Glock and tauras will come probably next year .

partheus
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by partheus » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:10 pm

Isn't there like an ownership time limit per license? If memory serves, you can't sell a weapon for at least 3 years after purchase, or something like that.

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:33 pm

partheus wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:10 pm
Isn't there like an ownership time limit per license? If memory serves, you can't sell a weapon for at least 3 years after purchase, or something like that.
Earlier iof revolver/pistol could be purchased from factory only, at that time there was lock in period of five years. Now one can purchase directly from gun shop and there is no such lock in period.
Last edited by Vineet on Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:37 pm

djneog wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:47 pm
I am at present holding a .32 Ashani Pistol. Now, I want to sell the .32 Ashani and purchase an NP Glock Pistol in place of the .32 Ashani. What is the procedure for selling the old one and acquire a new Glock of Taurus pistol into the existing licence? Will the District Magistrate allow me to purchase a .357 or .40 calibre Glock pistol in place of the .32 Ashani? Pl, advise.
You are rushing too fast my friend. Glock is currently not available. First Glock will need to get arms manufacturing license in India and then they will have to set up their factory. This whole process will take 2-3 years if Glock tries hard enough and are lucky enough to be successful in the whole process.

Selling your Ashani now for the wish to buy Glock is foolishness.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

4X4
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by 4X4 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:20 pm

Thanks Vineet for the info.

partheus
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by partheus » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:04 am

Vineet wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:33 pm
partheus wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:10 pm
Earlier iof revolver/pistol could be purchased from factory only, at that time there was lock in period of five years. Now one can purchase directly from gun shop and there is no such lock in period.
Ah thanks! I didn't know that. Does this apply for sports shooters as well? I believe the previous rule was that renowned shots needed to hold on to their guns for 5 years first and if they maintained their renowned shot status for 3 years then the lock-in period was reduced to 3 years.