Additional barrel meaning clarify

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
Shooterlike
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Additional barrel meaning clarify

Post by Shooterlike » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:50 am

Hi I've got a 22 with additional barrel 3006 license, so can I buy 2 weapons or only a switch barrel or, can i buy a 22 and alter the stock ti fit 3006 ad i read the act and it mentioned about conversion and also shortening barrel length but nothing abut altering the stock

For Advertising mail webmaster
sourabhsangale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Additional barrel meaning clarify

Post by sourabhsangale » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:13 pm

According to law you can only keep 2 weapons .

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:35 pm

Shooterlike wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:50 am
Hi I've got a 22 with additional barrel 3006 license, so can I buy 2 weapons or only a switch barrel or, can i buy a 22 and alter the stock ti fit 3006 ad i read the act and it mentioned about conversion and also shortening barrel length but nothing abut altering the stock
You need to be clear in your question. Quite to difficult to understand the exact points you are training to raise.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

miroflex
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by miroflex » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:04 pm

Shooterlike wrote:
It would help to clarify the position if you could upload photos of the relevant pages of your licence/licences.
"To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived." Sherlock Holmes in "The Adventure Of The Copper Beeches" by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:23 pm

sourabhsangale wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:13 pm
A firearm that comes with spare barrels as a part of the original package/sale is considered as one firearm. It will be entered as X gun with Xspare barrels.

Shooterlike
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Shooterlike » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:23 am

Vikram wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:35 pm
Shooterlike wrote:
You need to be clear in your question. Quite to difficult to understand the exact points you are training to raise.
Sorry about that, let me explain clearly, i got two sentences in my license 1 saying it grants me a 22 rifle since I'm an aspiring shooter and 2 that it grants me an additional barrel of 3006 since I requested it for participating in big bore event

Shooterlike
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Shooterlike » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:24 am

Vikram wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:23 pm
sourabhsangale wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:13 pm
A firearm that comes with spare barrels as a part of the original package/sale is considered as one firearm. It will be entered as X gun with Xspare barrels.
Can i get 2 fire arms as in a license mentioned in the previous post

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:32 pm

Shooterlike wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:23 am
Vikram wrote:
Shooterlike wrote:
Sorry about that, let me explain clearly, i got two sentences in my license 1 saying it grants me a 22 rifle since I'm an aspiring shooter and 2 that it grants me an additional barrel of 3006 since I requested it for participating in big bore event
Would it be possible to post a photo or the exact wording on the licence here? I am unaware of any models where rim fire and centre fire barrels can be swapped.

Shooterlike
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Shooterlike » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:55 am

sure as of now im not in home town and my license is there so give me a week, but before that, arent blaser r8 and thompson all are switch barrels with 3006 and 22 barrels,kindly clarify

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:45 pm

Shooterlike wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:55 am
sure as of now im not in home town and my license is there so give me a week, but before that, arent blaser r8 and thompson all are switch barrels with 3006 and 22 barrels,kindly clarify
There are many models that allow switching barrels. Barrels from different cartridge groups (short, medium,long) can be swapped by changing the bolt head. However, to my knowledge, there are no models that allow changing from rim fire to centre fire barrels and vice versa.

.22LR is a tiny rim fire cartridge compared to centre fire cartridges such as the .30-06.
1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:25 pm

If you look at the bottom metal of a .22 rifle and see its size and magazine well etc and compare to a ‘long action’ like a .30-06, you can immediately make out that just a ‘switch barrel will not do.
Switch barrels will usually be offered in comparable cartridge lengths. EG., .243 and .308 Where case length is similar.

Changing the barrels is just not enough. You will also have to change position of the firing pin to strike off centre for a .22 -its a rimfire, remember? and the diameter of the bolt face And extractor ejector etc if it is to pick up a rimmed case. All in all a very major gunsmithing proposition which will cost a lot. Definitely not something you can do in 10 min.
So, who ever granted you that licence had no idea of what he was doing.
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

Shooterlike
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Shooterlike » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:37 am

Vikram wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:32 pm
Shooterlike wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:23 am
Vikram wrote:

Would it be possible to post a photo or the exact wording on the licence here? I am unaware of any models where rim fire and centre fire barrels can be swapped.
H GUYS,
sorry for the late reply, caught a hold on the license only now
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Shooterlike
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Shooterlike » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:47 am

Vikram wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:45 pm
Shooterlike wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:55 am
There are many models that allow switching barrels. Barrels from different cartridge groups (short, medium,long) can be swapped by changing the bolt head. However, to my knowledge, there are no models that allow changing from rim fire to centre fire barrels and vice versa.

.22LR is a tiny rim fire cartridge compared to centre fire cartridges such as the .30-06.

1.jpg
hi , i understand your experience and exposure to fire arms, i ve been using them for only 4 or 5 years now, ive shot both the rounds( a fan of elley 10x n 22 and lapula). out of curousity snt blaser r8 interchangable by changing the firing pn assembly in the bolt housing, try searching for r8 with conversion kit

Shooterlike
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Shooterlike » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:52 am

eljefe wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:25 pm
If you look at the bottom metal of a .22 rifle and see its size and magazine well etc and compare to a ‘long action’ like a .30-06, you can immediately make out that just a ‘switch barrel will not do.
Switch barrels will usually be offered in comparable cartridge lengths. EG., .243 and .308 Where case length is similar.

Changing the barrels is just not enough. You will also have to change position of the firing pin to strike off centre for a .22 -its a rimfire, remember? and the diameter of the bolt face And extractor ejector etc if it is to pick up a rimmed case. All in all a very major gunsmithing proposition which will cost a lot. Definitely not something you can do in 10 min.
So, who ever granted you that licence had no idea of what he was doing.
if you mean magazine bay by bottom metal, then yes t would be big for 3006 but a additional clip would be placed inside the magazine, however .22 of uof cannot be consdered n this scenaro

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:31 pm

Shooterlike wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:37 am
H GUYS,
sorry for the late reply, caught a hold on the license only now
I am afraid they got it wrong. Or they were granting the request of the licensee.
out of curousity snt blaser r8 interchangable by changing the firing pn assembly in the bolt housing, try searching for r8 with conversion kit
I don't know if a conversion kit as you describe exists. Outside India, there are few practical needs for something like that. Good luck with your search.