Asked to pay from 2017 onwards again for renewal

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
Yui
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Asked to pay from 2017 onwards again for renewal

Post by Yui » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:04 pm

My father's gun license expired in December 2019. I went to renew the license and I was asked by the employee to pay from 2017 onwards again citing the order Arms Rule 2016 onwards even though I had my renewal done till 2019. I have read and reread the order but nowhere it states that I have to renew again and pay the fee difference. I approached the department head and mailed Sujeet Kumar(Second in command Is-i division) and Ratnesh Jha (OSD arms Is-i division) for clarification. The Department Head told me that it was the order from Delhi. Mr. Ratnesh Jha simply told me to contact Mr. Sujeet Kumar. Mr. Sujeet Kumar was helpful over the phone that I should not be charged again however when it can to mail he simply wrote to tell me "Your issue is to be resolved by the office in which license is registered at present". I mailed him again for clarification but to date, I did not get a reply.
Have any of you people been asked to pay the fee from 2017 onwards? even though you had your renewal done till 2019. Am I wrong to pursue this further? Who do I contact? Please help with some legal advice.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Djanko
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Asked to pay from 2017 onwards again for renewal

Post by Djanko » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:01 pm

No,in fact a friend of mine who did not renew his license for twelve years got a discount as the amount and fine piled up.It came to about 12000 but he paid 6000.Here we pay in the Deputy commissioner's office.I don't think you have to pay when you have already paid when the rules were in place for that time period.Here,they won't dare to ask for previous years.That is serious trouble for them .

sourabhsangale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sourabhsangale » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:04 pm

You don’t need to pay nothing is written in arms act like that . They idiot don’t know any law at all don’t pay a single penny arms act 2016 has become a joke in india no one follows it properly.

Yui
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Yui » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:14 pm

Thank you guys for taking out time to reply. The people in the department still insist on the payment. I don't know who should I approach If only people from the Arms IS-I division reply to my mail. Do you think I should talk to DC regarding this?

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:25 pm

There is no such rule that you have to pay fee from 2017.

Meet your District Magistrate or ADM and give written complain against these people.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

sourabhsangale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sourabhsangale » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:10 pm

Yui wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:14 pm
Thank you guys for taking out time to reply. The people in the department still insist on the payment. I don't know who should I approach If only people from the Arms IS-I division reply to my mail. Do you think I should talk to DC regarding this?
Approach the DC only but don’t know even he will help .
No ones cares to help in this country but try you might win .