All India License Being Cancelled.

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
veeveeaar
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: All India License Being Cancelled.

Post by veeveeaar » Fri May 28, 2021 9:02 pm

This restriction of AREA of VALIDITY especially for SELF PROTECTION category firearm licences to a particular TALUK,DISTRICT or STATE is not a practical and unhealthy . Are the politician, IAS IPS and All India Service Babus ' lives more precious than the normal ordinary citizen when it comes to self protection using licenced firearms ? Is the life and property of the common man inferior to that of these so called ELITE. ?

This area of validity for protection of premises like farm, company and other establishment may be for that district alone. This can prevent misuse .

How is it justified that a person with a small area of validity for self protection license category is safe outside that specified limit.? What is the logic and weight that his movement with his licenced firearm be restricted. The provision of transit / transport permit for the common citizen is itself unconstitutional . It leads only to more corruption, paperwork and does not serve any practical purpose. Area of validity may be abolished and a system of ENTRY /EXIT STAMPING at STATE borders, Railway stations ,Airports and Particular designated points of transit may be introduced so that anyone carrying a licenced firearm be mapped easily to prevent crime and misuse. Firearms associated bodies like NRAI NAGRI are the only mass of people who can put up all the drawbacks of the ARMS ACT1959 and ARMS RULES2016. But unfortunately none talks about such issues.

Moreover as per certain ammendments of the arms rules, All India Validity cannot be shrunk without any concrete reason . So anyone who has a All India Validity now can be rest assured that without any adverse report his All India validity cannot restricted to a particularl small area as per law.

For Advertising mail webmaster
pgupta
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by pgupta » Fri May 28, 2021 9:24 pm

Actually the logic of the government is very simple, people who want to hurt you live in your area and when you move to other state no one recognize you so why would they try to hurt you. Actually they should bring about a amendment that since a weapon is for self defense the license should be valid only for your residence.
Safety First, Aim Last, Freedom Always

thomkola
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by thomkola » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:43 pm

pkaran wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 7:52 pm
We are Indian nationals!
Note Keralites, Madrasis, Maha Rashtrians, Biharis, Punjabis.
This is against the concept of national integrity!
It is a divisive action and restricts free movements
If you are frequent traveller to different states, particularly a businessman or a travel enthusiast, you have to approach the licensing authorities every now and then for permissions to carry to different places, and mind you the authorities will issue only permit for one state at a time and this will be truly annonying, time-consuming besides procedural delays which will upset the plans of the licence holder.
I am unable to reply to your PM, since I am not finding that option enabled for me. You may pl mail me on [email protected], so that I can contact u directly.

sincerly. thomas

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:43 pm

To send PM you need to complete 15 posts.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:36 pm

thomkola wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 9:47 pm
I am a serving army officer and recently transferred to Kerala. I have an All India valid arms license for the last 23 years and the same has been registered and renewed at many states in India, wherever I was posted so far. On my reporting at my new place in Kerala , I have applied to District Collector in B1 form to register my license in their records (outside licensing authority) to comply with Section 17 of Arms Rule 2016. NOC from last renewing authority, Police verification and an interview by Tehsildar( first time ever) have been completed almost 3 months ago, all reports are in favor, however registration is still pending. Spoke to ADM and she promised an early action and now ADM confirmed that, new DC ( a conferred IAS guy) is not in favor of registering any license, but not giving anything in writing also as a good bureaucrat. My license has the validity till May 2022, I am only trying to follow the rule as a responsible citizen.Sent a watsapp message/email to the DC but no reply. Request advice on course of action pl, advice from learned members are much appreciated ..Sad state of affairs .. Regards .. Col Thomas
Just send one of your boys on TD to the place of last renewal,and get it done.
Am presuming your lic was issued as c/o 56 APO or 99 APO..

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:10 pm

I would suggest a Registered Letter to the Licensing Authority clearly stating the attempts made for renewal and followed up with the last para suggesting the filing of an RTI for understanding the delay. More often than not, it will prod them into action, since supply of RTI information will be mandatory. The questions in the RTI should be framed with a little application of mind and sugar coated - without being blunt, but indirectly asking for the reasons for delay.