All India License Being Cancelled.

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
vkjalan
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

All India License Being Cancelled.

Post by vkjalan » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:15 pm

Greetings.
Karnataka Govt has put out a notification stating that All India Licenses issued before 2017 have to be cancelled and re-issued with the jurisdiction of Only Karnataka. What respite can we license holders have. Request the fellow members to guide us.
"An armed society is a polite society"

For Advertising mail webmaster
nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: All India License Being Cancelled.

Post by nagarifle » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:28 pm

seek justice seek to move the courts
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

sourabhsangale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sourabhsangale » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:41 pm

vkjalan wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:15 pm
Greetings.
Karnataka Govt has put out a notification stating that All India Licenses issued before 2017 have to be cancelled and re-issued with the jurisdiction of Only Karnataka. What respite can we license holders have. Request the fellow members to guide us.
Fight in high court , you are bound to win !

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:47 pm

You can't move to court directly.first file a appeal to LA if you're appeal is dismissed then you can move to high court against order of LA
Regards

Karan13121999
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Karan13121999 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:04 pm

There is a youtube called Awadhesh Kumar. He is a journalist (& a lawyer too as far as i remember) i would suggest you to contact him.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:47 pm

nagarifle wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:28 pm
seek justice seek to move the courts
+1
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:35 am

vkjalan wrote:
Greetings.
If these licences have been issued by Karnataka govt..then they can cancel such licences and convert them into local types...but i doubt they can do this for licences issued from other states

sourabhsangale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sourabhsangale » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:57 am

andy_65_in wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:35 am
vkjalan wrote:
Greetings.
If these licences have been issued by Karnataka govt..then they can cancel such licences and convert them into local types...but i doubt they can do this for licences issued from other states
Without any reason they cannot do it .

thomkola
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by thomkola » Sun May 16, 2021 9:47 pm

I am a serving army officer and recently transferred to Kerala. I have an All India valid arms license for the last 23 years and the same has been registered and renewed at many states in India, wherever I was posted so far. On my reporting at my new place in Kerala , I have applied to District Collector in B1 form to register my license in their records (outside licensing authority) to comply with Section 17 of Arms Rule 2016. NOC from last renewing authority, Police verification and an interview by Tehsildar( first time ever) have been completed almost 3 months ago, all reports are in favor, however registration is still pending. Spoke to ADM and she promised an early action and now ADM confirmed that, new DC ( a conferred IAS guy) is not in favor of registering any license, but not giving anything in writing also as a good bureaucrat. My license has the validity till May 2022, I am only trying to follow the rule as a responsible citizen.Sent a watsapp message/email to the DC but no reply. Request advice on course of action pl, advice from learned members are much appreciated ..Sad state of affairs .. Regards .. Col Thomas

sumbriavikramaditya
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sumbriavikramaditya » Mon May 17, 2021 12:53 am

ashokgodara wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:47 pm
You can't move to court directly.first file a appeal to LA if you're appeal is dismissed then you can move to high court against order of LA
Regards
This seems a logical approach. Appeal to LA in numbers and if denied then move to court as a group. This could be a watershed case for the State.

Regards
Vikramaditya

pgupta
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by pgupta » Mon May 17, 2021 4:10 pm

thomkola wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 9:47 pm
I am a serving army officer and recently transferred to Kerala. I have an All India valid arms license for the last 23 years and the same has been registered and renewed at many states in India, wherever I was posted so far. On my reporting at my new place in Kerala , I have applied to District Collector in B1 form to register my license in their records (outside licensing authority) to comply with Section 17 of Arms Rule 2016. NOC from last renewing authority, Police verification and an interview by Tehsildar( first time ever) have been completed almost 3 months ago, all reports are in favor, however registration is still pending. Spoke to ADM and she promised an early action and now ADM confirmed that, new DC ( a conferred IAS guy) is not in favor of registering any license, but not giving anything in writing also as a good bureaucrat. My license has the validity till May 2022, I am only trying to follow the rule as a responsible citizen.Sent a watsapp message/email to the DC but no reply. Request advice on course of action pl, advice from learned members are much appreciated ..Sad state of affairs .. Regards .. Col Thomas
This is truly a sad state of affairs. I am sure you can seek help of MOD on this, you being a serving officer.

pgupta
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by pgupta » Mon May 17, 2021 10:35 pm

thomkola wrote:
If the DC is acting funny then you should first try to put pressure from your brigade or Div commander or else write to MOD with a cc to Home ministry. But first try to pull rank as DC is your equivalent in terms of central government scale.

veeveeaar
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by veeveeaar » Tue May 18, 2021 10:18 am

thomkola wrote:

The Arms rules 2016, Number 17 , provides for the registration of licences in the new and present area of licencee .
The Arms Rules 2016 , number 19 , (2) b clearly states the category of people entitled for ''ALL INDIA VALIDITY".
The Prescribed time as per the Arms Rules ,number 16 , Schedule V is only 15 days.

My humble suggestion to all is the time tested mode of sending all communications only via Registered post/ Speed post. This puts the applicant in a strong position when such issues crop up and puts the licencing authorities at a legal disadvantage when they delay and exceed the Maximum 90 day period on their part when disposing all applications for all services pertaing to the Arms rules.

Many oficials even IAS and IPS are not aware of the latest provisions of the Act and Rules.

In your case just send a reminder of your application by Registered Post and if nothing moves , just send a copy of all your communications to the Home Seceretary of your state by Registered post and see the magic.

thomkola
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by thomkola » Fri May 28, 2021 10:21 am

Ok ,, Thank u sir

pkaran
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by pkaran » Fri May 28, 2021 7:52 pm

We are Indian nationals!
Note Keralites, Madrasis, Maha Rashtrians, Biharis, Punjabis.
This is against the concept of national integrity!
It is a divisive action and restricts free movements
If you are frequent traveller to different states, particularly a businessman or a travel enthusiast, you have to approach the licensing authorities every now and then for permissions to carry to different places, and mind you the authorities will issue only permit for one state at a time and this will be truly annonying, time-consuming besides procedural delays which will upset the plans of the licence holder.