Can I install a paradox choke on a semi auto shotgun?

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
KDS991213
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Can I install a paradox choke on a semi auto shotgun?

Post by KDS991213 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:46 am

I meant legally, the arms act is silent on the use of paradox chokes & of paradox guns in general.

For Advertising mail webmaster
eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Can I install a paradox choke on a semi auto shotgun?

Post by eljefe » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:48 pm

Why not? Order a brake cylinder lapping tool from Amazon, and lap out the choke, thread the last 2” of the barrel to accept choke tubes like in the link below. Machine them to cylinder bore, single point cut rifling will be best for a home project unless you have a machine shop to hammer forge/ broach etc. . And off you go.
Remember to use bore size slugs and keep the rifling shallow and about 1:48”.
If you get adventurous, you can try Electrolytic Cationic Machining...
Do post pics and tell us how it goes.

https://www.winchesterguns.com/products ... tubes.html
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

marksman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by marksman » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:38 am

Wonderful suggestion by Eljefe but not very viable in India., I would install a POLYCHOKE instead if I were to do it. Its meant for all single barreled shotguns where one gets to have a selection from Full Open cylinder to Extra tight full choke and everything in between.

Marksman

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:06 pm

OP wanted to know about paradox rifling -hopefully- for use with a Paradox slug only as in link below:

https://www.castbulletengineering.com.a ... 12ga-pdx-s

A polychoke will be a good piece of kit for use with birdshot only.And the Paradox RIFLING will be useful only for specific, bore diameter solid slug

Cheers

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

marksman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by marksman » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:19 am

True that Eljefe, but I was talking strictly within Indian mind set. Its a waste if a licensed weapon was confined to one particular load only, Slugs in this case when a shotgun is designed to serve with many different loads. More so because we Indians have fire arm ownership restrictions ,only two to be precise.

Warm Regards
Marksman.

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:15 pm

Ah so! mea culpa.

So thread the barrel to accept changeable choke tubes, one of which can be a paradox rifled one. Thats a bit of an idea. Let me see if i have a sbbl laying around. I can lop off the choke and see if this works... Thanks Marksman for stirring the old brain 🙏🏼