Extention of time limit for Puchase period and renewal of firearms licences, due to Covid epidemic

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
veeveeaar
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Extention of time limit for Puchase period and renewal of firearms licences, due to Covid epidemic

Post by veeveeaar » Sun May 09, 2021 5:03 pm

Many new licencees and dealers are waiting to get their NOC for Transit / Transport licences from their respective licencing authorities because of restrictions during the elections in West Bengal ,Tamilnadu ,Assam and Kerala. Now this has been compounded by the lockdown and stoppage of trains and public transport . The arms branch staff in the respective licencing offices are only 50% in strength. Most of the armouries are yet to open .

I request our forum friends to request shooting related bodies like THENRAI , NAGRI etc to impress on the MHA to extend the Purchase period and Renewal time to one calender year ie upto December 2023 . This will help both the licencees, dealers and the also the Government to avoid lot of legal issues due to non functioning of the related offices and non availablity of arms and ammunition.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Extention of time limit for Puchase period and renewal of firearms licences, due to Covid epidemic

Post by Vineet » Sun May 09, 2021 5:18 pm

During last year's lockdown period, automatic extension was given. An order by Punjab Government said

'All arms licenses renew, purchase periods, NOCs which were to expire between 19/3/2020 to 31/5/2020 will get automatic extension till 30.6.2020'

Similar facility was also given in West Bengal.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

veeveeaar
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Extention of time limit for Puchase period and renewal of firearms licences, due to Covid epidemic

Post by veeveeaar » Sun May 09, 2021 10:18 pm

This must be repeated officially and communicated by the MHA to all states.

veeveeaar
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by veeveeaar » Mon May 10, 2021 10:50 am

Vineet wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 5:18 pm
During last year's lockdown period, automatic extension was given. An order by Punjab Government said

'All arms licenses renew, purchase periods, NOCs which were to expire between 19/3/2020 to 31/5/2020 will get automatic extension till 30.6.2020'

Veei
Mr. Vineeth can you please post the order in PDF

Prabhath
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Prabhath » Mon May 10, 2021 12:39 pm

Not aware of the situation in other places. A friend of mine recently got his license in Bangalore and has been given a time frame of two years to procure his firearm. This is FYI,

veeveeaar
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by veeveeaar » Mon May 10, 2021 7:52 pm

Prabhath wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 12:39 pm
Not aware of the situation in other places. A friend of mine recently got his license in Bangalore and has been given a time frame of two years to procure his firearm. This is FYI,
Two years is the normal purchase period as per the Arms Rules 2016. It stands for the whole of India.

veeveeaar
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by veeveeaar » Mon May 10, 2021 7:58 pm

Prabhath wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 12:39 pm
Two years is the normal purchase period as per the Arms Rules 2016. It stands for the whole of India.

The issue is now due to the Pandemic during the first wave and the present second wave, no official machinery related to the arms procedures has processed the papers and many are unable to travel and procure the arms and ammunition.

marksman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by marksman » Tue May 11, 2021 1:22 pm

Earlier in Mumbai the purchase period (PP) was given for 3 months and would be extended every three months more with a letter of valid reason for the delay in purchasing the fire arm. It had the validity of a year over all. But again it wasn't very difficult to procure a weapon of your choice those days. The PP limit is given straight for two years now I guess. But, I am sure it can be extended with a good valid reason.

Marksman

surajshuresh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by surajshuresh » Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:25 pm

My arms license is due for renewal on 22nd this month in bangalore city. Can anyone tell me what to do as we have a lockdown i have already applied online in the website to be on the safer side if anyone asked but i am not know who the online system works. Should i get my license renewed now or should i wait until the lockdown is done.

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:31 pm

surajshuresh wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:25 pm
My arms license is due for renewal on 22nd this month in bangalore city. Can anyone tell me what to do as we have a lockdown i have already applied online in the website to be on the safer side if anyone asked but i am not know who the online system works. Should i get my license renewed now or should i wait until the lockdown is done.
Not 100% sure about Banglore but there is partial lockdown this time and not full lockdown that happened in March- April last year.

Most of the government offices are working with reduced staff. Just check with your district arms branch.
Vineet Armoury

surajshuresh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by surajshuresh » Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:38 pm

Vineet wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:31 pm
surajshuresh wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:25 pm
Not 100% sure about Banglore but there is partial lockdown this time and not full lockdown that happened in March- April last year.

Most of the government offices are working with reduced staff. Just check with your district arms branch.
ok thank you vineet will try to visit the Arms Branch any idea about the online application.

veeveeaar
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by veeveeaar » Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:19 pm

Vineet wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 5:18 pm

Mr .vineeth can you please post the order of the Punjab government for the benifit of all.

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:24 pm

I don't have it in my phone. Got deleted
Vineet Armoury