Legality of swords/shields & other muscle powered (including projectile) weapons?

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
KDS991213
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Legality of swords/shields & other muscle powered (including projectile) weapons?

Post by KDS991213 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:40 pm

I was wondering, what is the legal status of such weapons? Can you buy a sword/shield & bow/crossbow? Or do you need a license or some permission for that as well? Few people in my village & some family members have inherited swords, daggers, shields, bows, crossbows, arrows, bolts & armor, What is the rule regarding such inheritance as well? Greatly appreciated if someone can provide insight.

For Advertising mail webmaster
bandukbhandar
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Legality of swords/shields & other muscle powered (including projectile) weapons?

Post by bandukbhandar » Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:53 pm

No license required for bows, crossbows and arrows.

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Legality of swords/shields & other muscle powered (including projectile) weapons?

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:35 pm

I don't think that the pan India rule is same. It varies from state to state. In my native state Jharkhand as well in Rajasthan I never heard any restrictions on possession of swords and other sharp weapons including bow and arrows.
In my home state I do have a good no of various swords, knife, axe of different varieties, spears. Bows and arrows. No legal hassle faced till now.
In past all the villagers who stayed near the jungle areas used to carry an axe or Tangi ( fish tail shaped axe) with them while they go somewhere alone after sunset.
Also as rightly said, few of the weapons which remains in the family and inherited by the generations has a high sentimental values.
Rajput families and Tribal families respect their family weapons and do worship the same.
To the best of my knowledge, Carrying or possession of knife with longer than 6 inch blade is restricted under law. Same is with other weapons also but the practical implementation of law is missing.
Regards

Shivaji