Importing a Non firing replica rile (AK) to India

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
rahulraje
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Importing a Non firing replica rile (AK) to India

Post by rahulraje » Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:17 pm

Hi Team

My name is Rahul Raje. I work in the IT industry and live in Pune, Maharashtra. I've recently discovered my interest in working on my collection of non firing realistic gun replicas, especially iconic rifles.

After recently getting my eyes upon the following non firing replica of an AK-47 on a WW2 antique online store, I looked forward to purchasing it:

https://www.ww2gear.com/p-5958-replica- ... iring.aspx

This store is based in NY, USA. While they can ship this to India, I am aware of how much of a hassle can this consignment land into with the customs.

So, would like to know from the experience and knowledge of the members here on how should one deal with getting such a full scale, wood/metallic non firing replica of an AK imported to India from US. Also, would appreciate to hear some pointers on how to get such a confiscated consignment released from customs.

Thanks a lot

Rahul Raje

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Importing a Non firing replica rile (AK) to India

Post by mundaire » Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:21 pm

It was OK till 2016, but under Arms Rules 2016 this would not be possible anymore.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Shivakr
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Shivakr » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:16 am

I came across a very interesting video of Bollywood weapon supplier (link below). They are from Mumbai, they might help. Some of the guns with them are complete with case, scope & all types of guns.

Am curious if there are more such shops in Mumbai. I think south India must also be having similar shops supplying to film industry.

rahulraje
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by rahulraje » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:32 am

mundaire wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:21 pm
It was OK till 2016, but under Arms Rules 2016 this would not be possible anymore.
Thanks a lot for this info. I think importing then would not be an option anymore for me. Saved me a lot of effort and expense!

Thanks
Rahul

rahulraje
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by rahulraje » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:34 am

Shivakr wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:16 am
I came across a very interesting video of Bollywood weapon supplier (link below). They are from Mumbai, they might help. Some of the guns with them are complete with case, scope & all types of guns.

Am curious if there are more such shops in Mumbai. I think south India must also be having similar shops supplying to film industry.

That is a pretty huge option to consider now. These are the ultimate models one can look for. I doubt though that they may sell those. Perhaps could be renting them out. I got in touch with one such weapons supplier for Bollywood in Mumbai. This is their link:

https://www.tyagiguns.com/

However, they mentioned that they may only rent out the weapon replicas and would never sell them. Do you have any info about the featured supplier in the video since they haven't mentioned their name or address or any contact details anywhere.

Thanks
Rahul

Shivakr
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Shivakr » Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:15 pm

I don't have the contact details.. may be the video blogger can help, the bloggers email is there in the about section his channel.

try going through the comments on the video, someone might help..