How to dispose gun licence.

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
hiteshrawat247
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

How to dispose gun licence.

Post by hiteshrawat247 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:21 am

Hi, My father is having a gun license for his double bore for the past 15 years in uttarakhand. Now he is unable to manage this gun due to his old age and wants to get rid of the hassle of renewal and maintenance associated with it. Has his license going to expire in the next few days.

I want to know the procedure to dispose the gun and license as per the procedure as gone through the internet but couldn't find a correct answer.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Re: How to dispose gun licence.

Post by Vineet » Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:38 pm

First take permission to sell the gun and then sell the gun. Next is to get the license cancelled if you want or leave it as it is as a license without any weapon registered on it is merely a paper.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:44 pm

hiteshrawat247 wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:21 am
Hi, My father is having a gun license for his double bore for the past 15 years in uttarakhand. Now he is unable to manage this gun due to his old age and wants to get rid of the hassle of renewal and maintenance associated with it. Has his license going to expire in the next few days.

I want to know the procedure to dispose the gun and license as per the procedure as gone through the internet but couldn't find a correct answer.
Gun can be disposed off...and licence surrendered to the licencing authority...but take a proper receipt from that authority stating the licence stands cancelled.

veeveeaar
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by veeveeaar » Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:52 pm

If you are interested in having a gun, you can apply for a gun licence under the heirloom category and retain the gun for your person. If you do not want it, then, state the make, name and model of your fathers gun. Send detailed photos of it on this forum, our forum members may be interested in it. If no one responds , go and sell it to a Gunshop and surrender the licence by writting to the concerened licencing authority and get a sale order and keep it safe for any future enqiuiry if it may arise. In my place, they sold the gun of their deceased father without informing and getting the sale permission . It was misused and traced back to the family. so follow the rules and be clear . Jai Hind.

pgupta
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by pgupta » Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:48 pm

veeveeaar wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:52 pm
If you are interested in having a gun, you can apply for a gun licence under the heirloom category and retain the gun for your person. If you do not want it, then, state the make, name and model of your fathers gun. Send detailed photos of it on this forum, our forum members may be interested in it. If no one responds , go and sell it to a Gunshop and surrender the licence by writting to the concerened licencing authority and get a sale order and keep it safe for any future enqiuiry if it may arise. In my place, they sold the gun of their deceased father without informing and getting the sale permission . It was misused and traced back to the family. so follow the rules and be clear . Jai Hind.
Correct advice. Don't let go of the license apply under heirloom.
Safety First, Aim Last, Freedom Always

james
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by james » Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:59 pm

Don't forget to get it deleted from online site . Uin needs to be surrendered.

PRINCESIDHU007
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by PRINCESIDHU007 » Mon May 02, 2022 1:51 pm

:agree:
Vineet wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:38 pm
First take permission to sell the gun and then sell the gun. Next is to get the license cancelled if you want or leave it as it is as a license without any weapon registered on it is merely a paper.