Local Police Stn.not recommending license under heirloom policy as no threat to life

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
ashrafi1
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Local Police Stn.not recommending license under heirloom policy as no threat to life

Post by ashrafi1 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:53 pm

Dear Everybody,

My Late father had a revolver which is currently deposited in the local police station.
As I intend to transfer the weapon to my name, after a few visits to the arms department in Bangalore was told to apply a fresh application for a new license with all the required documents/NOC's from other legal heirs,after the issuance of the new license,request for a transfer of weapon on that new license under heirloom category.
Currently my application has been received at the local police station for verification. I personally met the inspector who asked about any threat to my life if yes I need to substantiate it.Looks like I will not be able to get a favorable recommendation from the Inspector of the local police station.

In this case my Questions are.
1)Can the Licensing Authority still grant me a license,inspite of the local police station not recommending me a license?
2)If the licensing authority rejects and denies me an arms license what is the legal remedy? Do I really stand a chance to get the License.

Please could anyone help me out on this .

Thanks.

For Advertising mail webmaster
snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Local Police Stn.not recommending license under heirloom policy as no threat to life

Post by snIPer » Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:52 am

FYI
https://www.livelaw.in/news-updates/guj ... nds-202697

https://www.hindustantimes.com/mumbai-n ... ZxxVI.html

On March 3, the branch’s senior police inspector rejected his application primarily on the ground that there was no threat to his life. Gupta appealed before an appellate authority, which upheld the licensing authority’s order.

The high court’s bench struck down the order passed by licencing authority and the appellate authority. It held that both authorities ignored provisions of the Arms Act, 1959.

The bench added that the licencing authority could not have rejected the engineer’s application for the grant of a firearm licence merely because he failed to establish that there was a threat to his life.
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Local Police Stn.not recommending license under heirloom policy as no threat to life

Post by Kittu » Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:27 pm

you don't need to prove threat to life for arm license under family heirloom.when you apply for self protection then these babus will create
problem.main direction from govt is do not issue license.

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:59 am

ashrafi1 wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:53 pm
Dear Everybody,

My Late father had a revolver which is currently deposited in the local police station.
As I intend to transfer the weapon to my name, after a few visits to the arms department in Bangalore was told to apply a fresh application for a new license with all the required documents/NOC's from other legal heirs,after the issuance of the new license,request for a transfer of weapon on that new license under heirloom category.
Currently my application has been received at the local police station for verification. I personally met the inspector who asked about any threat to my life if yes I need to substantiate it.Looks like I will not be able to get a favorable recommendation from the Inspector of the local police station.

In this case my Questions are.
1)Can the Licensing Authority still grant me a license,inspite of the local police station not recommending me a license?
2)If the licensing authority rejects and denies me an arms license what is the legal remedy? Do I really stand a chance to get the License.
Get a printout of point no. 25 of Arms Rules 2016 and show them and ask them to follow the rules.

If local police station is not listening then contact their higher officials. Going to court is also the last option.

Here is the point no. 25 of Arms Rules 2016. You can also download the point or complete rules from net.
3F41FA9C-53B7-4A9D-B549-834D6DADCB0F.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

ashrafi1
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ashrafi1 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:46 am

Thank You so much for your valuable help.