I WANT TO TRANSFER MY ARMRS LICENCE TO MY SON

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
JAGBIR
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

I WANT TO TRANSFER MY ARMRS LICENCE TO MY SON

Post by JAGBIR » Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:59 pm

I WANT TO TRANSFER MY ARMRS LICENCE TO MY SON DUE TO MY UNFIT HEALTH AND TOTALLY PARALYSIS. KINDLY GUIDE ME IN THIS REGARD. I SHALL BE HIGHLY THANKFUL TO YOU FOR THE SAME.

please don't highjack someone else's thread. It will cause those who may be able to help you to overlook your post, and it is rude, since it turns the thread away from the original poster's subject. Instead, open a new thread in the proper forum.

Please don't use all capital letters. It is considered shouting on the internet and is very rude.

thank you, the moderator team.

For Advertising mail webmaster
vaibhavyadav
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: I WANT TO TRANSFER MY ARMRS LICENCE TO MY SON

Post by vaibhavyadav » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:38 am

Hi JAGBIR,
You may apply the fresh arms license of your son under “Heirloom” category and attach the required documents. Your case falls under Heirloom category only.
If you need assistance with the same then feel free to reach out.

hornet22
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by hornet22 » Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:32 am

As far as I know, correct me if I am wrong. Arms licence cannot be transfered. Heirloom catagory is when the weapon is a prohibited caliber and normal licence does not apply to that particular weapon eg m1 Carbine, for which licence is issued by home ministry, in which case also the licence is not transferable.

PrakalpSingh16
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by PrakalpSingh16 » Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:47 am

hornet22 wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:32 am
As far as I know, correct me if I am wrong. Arms licence cannot be transfered. Heirloom catagory is when the weapon is a prohibited caliber and normal licence does not apply to that particular weapon eg m1 Carbine, for which licence is issued by home ministry, in which case also the licence is not transferable.
You are right brother. Licence can nit be transferred but if you apply for new licence under HEIRLOOM than it becomes easier to cimmunicate with lecencing authority to get the licence as you are getting existinf weapon transferred to your son.

Last year in november my father and uncle both were able get their new licences under HEIRLOOM from my grandfather that too before elections in my state U.P because before elections almost no new license is granted.

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:50 pm

Your son will first acquire a licence and then only can your weapon be transferred to him..for which permission will be sought by you.