Schedule 5 animals (vermin)

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Schedule 5 animals (vermin)

Post by kanwar76 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:38 pm

Where can I find the list of schedule 5 vermin..?

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:08 pm

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: Schedule 5 vermin...

Post by kanwar76 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:17 pm

Thanks Rusty,

No ferral pigeons there :shock:

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:35 pm

kanwar76";p="35362 wrote:No ferral pigeons there :shock:
But crows are... ;) So will the crows in Bangalore be getting a taste of the ProSport now??!! :lol: :lol:

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:49 pm

mundaire";p="35365 wrote:
kanwar76";p="35362 wrote:No ferral pigeons there :shock:
But crows are... ;) So will the crows in Bangalore be getting a taste of the ProSport now??!! :lol: :lol:

Cheers!
Abhijeet
LOL

Nah, D52 is for them (If its legal doing so :wink: )..Damm thing hit a 82 yard (measured) target (non living one) day before yesterday....Need to get a Chrono to know actually how much power its generating...

Prosport is for paper punching only.. :wink:

-Inder

sudhaiob
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sudhaiob » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:59 pm

Hello
fruit bats have been taken out of the schedule (V) and are now protected
Vermin as such are crows, rats, mice and bandicoots (forms part of the common rat, the norway rat and the bandicoot rat). the rest are strictly no-no
Regs
sudhaiob

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:23 pm

kanwar76";p="35362 wrote:Thanks Rusty,

No ferral pigeons there :shock:

-Inder
Never were as far as I know.

It is an omission that has never made sense to me. Whilst the crow numbers do need to be kept in check, they atleast do something useful by eating carrion. The feral pigeon, on the other hand, does nothing useful. It breeds rapidly, shits all over the place and spreads disease.

They most definitely need controlling.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:44 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="35396 wrote:They most definitely need controlling.
I agree... do you think writing to them (the ministry) would help induce them to include them under Schedule V?

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:24 pm

I don't think the ministry (which one?) would object but a certain virago definitely would. Afterall, she and her kind have got to earn their keep.

Goes without saying, she has never been exposed to a severe skin rash by pigeons roosting in the rafters.

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:58 pm

Can schedule 5 vermin be shot without any legal problems?
Or do we still need any license / letter for that?

If answer of the first question is Yes then Abhijeet can we talk / post about our crow / rats shoots on the site? What do you think what can be legal / Anti terrorists problems in doing so?

I personally think that shooters and hunters of this country should start raising their voices, only reason we get pounded again and again by stiffer laws is because we don't have a collective voice

Just what i think...

-Inder

sudhaiob
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sudhaiob » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:19 pm

Hello,
Feral pigeons are a mix of the wild blue rock pigeon (Colmba livia) and the domesticated variety, which originated from the rock pigeon.
technically feral pigeons are not listed under the various schedules of the Wild Life Act. (rock pigeon is), however you may have to reckon with the local branch od SPCA if you are thinking of culling them.
Regs
sudhaiob

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:58 pm

If the pigeons and partridges can be sold (bulk) in markets as edible food then why cant they be shot
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:29 pm

I've never seen Partridges or Pigeons getting sold though I have seen quails but If I am not wrong they are not wild quails they are Japanese farm quails

-Inder

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:55 pm

Sniper - Partridges and pigeons are trapped and sold by poachers in fairly large numbers all over the country. These mass scale poachers (using nets etc.) along with changing farming practices are the real culprits behind the decimation of these game species! :evil: The day they reopen legal hunting these poachers will be finished... is it ever going to happen? I seriously doubt it...

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:58 pm

Oh ! i thought they were legal - lots available in the open market in shivajinagar 15- 20 bucks a bird of either species. not to mention rabbit too - but not sure what breed they are.
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.