Procedure for applying second firearm.

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Procedure for applying second firearm.

Post by kanwar76 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:49 pm

When somebody apply for second firearm, he /she have to again undergo same routine as while applying a fresh license? Same police verification, DCP, ACP office visits etc.. :?

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:05 pm

The police verification is usually not repeated - though it can be, but you WILL be interviewed by the ACP and maybe even the DCP.

Has your first license come through? You'd applied for a shotty right?

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:16 pm

mundaire";p="37433 wrote:The police verification is usually not repeated - though it can be, but you WILL be interviewed by the ACP and maybe even the DCP.

Has your first license come through? You'd applied for a shotty right?

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Thanks Abhijeet,

No its still under-process, Police verification is done last weekend, only some customs are left.

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Procedure for applying second firearm.

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:20 pm

kanwar76";p="37430 wrote:When somebody apply for second firearm, he /she have to again undergo same routine as while applying a fresh license? Same police verification, DCP, ACP office visits etc.. :?

-Inder
You don't have to pass a medical examination again. The writer from your local copshop may come over or you will have to meet him at the local police station. You will need to meet the sub-inspector at your local station.

I have never had to meet any ACP or DCP whilst the licence is in the pipeline. I have met the CoP and DCP, respectively, when having my rifle and shotgun endorsed on my licence though.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:33 pm

Treat them nice anyway, no harm ever came of treating people decently... a hot temper will always make you loose a lot more than it gives you in terms of the short lived satisfaction of blowing off some steam...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:46 pm

mundaire";p="37439 wrote:Treat them nice anyway, no harm ever came of treating people decently... a hot temper will always make you loose a lot more than it gives you in terms of the short lived satisfaction of blowing off some steam...

Cheers!
Abhijeet

EDITED
Last edited by kanwar76 on Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:49 pm

You just keep those 'ways' off the board, otherwise I will have my way....

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:57 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="37445 wrote:You just keep those 'ways' off the board, otherwise I will have my way....
YES SIR

-Inder

Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by Pran » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:51 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="37437 wrote:I have met the CoP and DCP, respectively, when having my rifle and shotgun endorsed on my licence though.
I was unaware that one had to meet them at the time of endorsement. What do they generally ask, Mack The Knife?

Pran
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:22 pm

Absolutely nothing but that is not always the case. The few times I have seen them talk to applicants it's usually been polite chit-chat.

Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by Pran » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:34 pm

Thanks man.
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:38 am

They probably just try to give you a psycos examination to see if you are sane i guess :-)
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:52 am

snIPer";p="37549 wrote:They probably just try to give you a psycos examination to see if you are sane i guess :-)
:roll: :roll: