Legal angle DBBL/ SBBL/ pump action

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
james
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Legal angle DBBL/ SBBL/ pump action

Post by james » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:35 pm

From some earlier post it can be inferred that pump action shot gun 12 bore is allowed ,if only dbbl is entered in licence ,is it possible to buy pump action and get it endosed legally ,if not then are there any means and ways to do it legally . James....

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:45 am

You will need to get NPB DBBL Gun changed to either NPB SBBL Gun or NPB DBBL / SBBL Gun before buying the pump action gun.

marksman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by marksman » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:00 am

Won't the things be simpler if the authorities wrote "permitted to purchase One N.P. bore Gun/Rifle." or "One N.P. bore Pistol/Revolver", in case of side arm as they do in Mumbai. Just a suggestion that can be extended to the concern authority.
Marksman
Exercise in Logic:
Given that there are far more good guys than bad guys, what would happen if all good guys and all bad guys were armed???......Simple, isn't it ?---Jeff Cooper

"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't
be any India because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our
women and breed a hardier race!"

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:12 am

marksman";p="37491 wrote:Won't the things be simpler if the authorities wrote "permitted to purchase One N.P. bore Gun/Rifle." or "One N.P. bore Pistol/Revolver", in case of side arm as they do in Mumbai. Just a suggestion that can be extended to the concern authority.
Marksman
well marksman, that would be logical and ideal, but the babus are not too well known to exhibit that kind of sense. It probably makes them feel important and intelligent :)

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:37 am

Rusty is correct - pump action shotguns are entered only on licenses which have SBBL Gun clearly mentioned on them. If you have a DBBL Gun license you will need to have it amended to SBBL Gun or DBBL/ SBBL Gun before being able to buy a pump action shotty.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

james
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Legal angle DBBL/ SBBL/ pump action

Post by james » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:51 pm

Is there any member in this forum entered pump actin in Dbbl licence ,the licence issuing authority told me that it would be as complicated as new licence , after giving application ,file is going to move in same manner,anyway this is the only ways for babus for value addiction,Lets see..James..

diskaon
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by diskaon » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:57 pm

Can one apply for a DBBL/SBBL license?? or one has to choose between the two..

What if I tell the Commissioner.. you give me license for both then I'll decide which one to buy.. imagine the shock he will get...

Also, If you have a DBBL/SBBL can you own one each..
klick klack..... diskaon

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:04 pm

Can one apply for a DBBL/SBBL license??
Yes. Alternatively, you can ask for Non Prohibited Bore Shotgun.
Also, If you have a DBBL/SBBL can you own one each..
No. You can always add a second shotgun, provided you are doing very well at the National level, but you would need to apply for an additional shotgun.

sudhaiob
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sudhaiob » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:12 pm

Hello
I have a mossberg pump and the licence is SBBL
Regs
sudhaiob

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:16 pm

what about licenses for combination weapons - like for eg a .22 hornet and a say a 410 shotgun. Or a DBBL with a .22 or something like that
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:14 pm

I do clearly remember an early brochure of the IOF Pump- when it was first introduced ...amidst the banal establishment content was a line stating that one needed to apply for a DBBL license.... cant seem to figure what these folks really want to do.

james
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by james » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:49 pm

HI,CC ,Is it possible to get that IOF brochure with any dealer or with any friends in this forum ,this can really help if that type of statement is there, i am searching it in IOF website .James.........

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:38 am

james";p="37610 wrote:HI,CC ,Is it possible to get that IOF brochure with any dealer or with any friends in this forum ,this can really help if that type of statement is there, i am searching it in IOF website .James.........
Hi James,

I have to disappoint you because, it I don't have it anymore. It probably lies in some long forgotten file at the Police HQ. I took a peek at the brochure in the mid-90's when the IOFB first came peddling their pump to the Police. The price then was 23,000/- for the 18" PB version.

I remember the DBBL part clearly because, I remember commenting (rather sarcastically) on it. The fact that the brochure mentioned licensing means it could have been printed for civilian distribution as well.

No promises, but let me see if I can get some old friends to get me a xerox of the brochure. You could also try with some of the bigger dealers...they might be of some help.

Regards,
cc

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:36 am

snIPer";p="37593 wrote:what about licenses for combination weapons - like for eg a .22 hornet and a say a 410 shotgun. Or a DBBL with a .22 or something like that
No takers eh :o
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

sudhaiob
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sudhaiob » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:31 pm

Hello,
Just because the IOF brochure says that you need a DBBL Licence for a pump action does not alter the correct legal inerpretation. a pump is a single barrel period
regs sudhaiob