Couriering Air rifles

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Couriering Air rifles

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:29 pm

Hey, considering my luck (i wonder i should even call it so), i am again in some kind of mess.

I had spoken to Dev and he knew someone in U.S. who tunes air rifles. And he arranged for a sweet deal - i send the U.S. guy IHP's equivalent to the amount i need to pay for the air rifle he's sending me. Now i had arranged for the air rifles, sent them through the courier with 2 copies of Invoices and declaration.

Invoice clearly mentions the price of the air rifle, while the declaration says it in bold - this is not for commercial purpose, it's gift. And i also certify that this is not a firearm, this is an air rifle.

An hour back i got a call from my courier guy saying, the courier is stuck at the airport and i need an import/export code to courier these air rifles. Does anyone here have any clues as to what is the correct procedure, for now i've asked him to withdraw the courier and give it back to me.

Any suggestions???

Thanks

Cheers
Sid

For Advertising mail webmaster
shutzen
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by shutzen » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:11 pm

HI! dont use courier just simply use post office parcel post. You can use speed post and USPS express service will deliver it there. Just use the generic individual use IEC if needed. Dont send it through airport export customs who are donkeys anyway just send it by post.
Wear short sleeves! Support your right to bare arms!

Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:19 pm

Thanks shutzen

IEC is ???

Plus should i put in the original invoice???

Thanks a ton
Cheers
Sid

Woo hoo i just got promoted

shutzen
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by shutzen » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:09 pm

Sid_kapur30";p="39437 wrote:Thanks shutzen

IEC is ???

Plus should i put in the original invoice???

Thanks a ton
Cheers
Sid

Woo hoo i just got promoted
Well good for you ;) IEC = importers exporters code which is mandatory for anyone exporting or importing from India. However the air cargo customs makes a hue and cry of it as their computer system does not work without this number. There is a geniric number for use by any citizen of India for importing goods for personal use - 0100000053. Goto the post office and ask them what all they need - much easier to deal with than the customs fellas.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:38 pm

Shutzen is spot on - just "googled" for the information and found this page detailing IEC Code No. related info.>>>

Scroll down to IEC No: Exempted Categories and you'll find the following entry

No. 5
Code No. 0100000053
Categories of Importers/ Exporters - Persons/ Institutions/ Hospitals importing or exporting goods for personnel use, not connected with trade or manufacture or agriculture.

Good (& timely) info Shutzen! :)

Sid, call them ASAP and give them the above no. in stead of recalling the goods. All the best and I hope it works for you this time. :)

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:43 pm

Just spoke to the guy, he just wont listen..bug*3r. I've called the packet back

Will try some other courier guy

Thanks a ton guys
Sid

kanwal
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by kanwal » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:39 pm

I can only say : " MAN U GOT BALLS TO TRY THESE THINGS "
Good Luck

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:42 pm

kanwal";p="39456 wrote: I can only say : " MAN U GOT BALLS TO TRY THESE THINGS "
Good Luck
There is NOTHING illegal about it... so where is the question of balls Kanwal? :?
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

kanwal
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by kanwal » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:47 pm

He is just of a mess that we all know ( his first purchase ) and now sending IHP to US for tuning and then re-importing ....... sounds crazy to me ..... he's our good friend.... lets advice him to buy a good rifle from overseas and import it in, what u say Mundaire ?

Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:48 pm

mundaire";p="39448 wrote:Shutzen is spot on - just "googled" for the information and found this page detailing IEC Code No. related info.>>>

Scroll down to IEC No: Exempted Categories and you'll find the following entry

No. 5
Code No. 0100000053
Categories of Importers/ Exporters - Persons/ Institutions/ Hospitals importing or exporting goods for personnel use, not connected with trade or manufacture or agriculture.

Good (& timely) info Shutzen! :)

Sid, call them ASAP and give them the above no. in stead of recalling the goods. All the best and I hope it works for you this time. :)

Cheers!
Abhijeet

And

"AIRGUNS/AIRRIFLES/AIRPISTOL ARE AN EXEMPTED CATAGORY AS MENTIONED IN ITEM NO 1(3) OF SCHEDULE (ii) OF GSR 991 OF INDIAN ARMS ACT 1959."

And this

Date: 28TH Feb. 2008

To whomsoever it may concern

This is to certify that the enclosed package is a gift and not meant for export purpose. I hereby also certify that it is an Air rifle and not a firearm.

Regards,

Siddharth Kapur
(my contact no. and address)

And the invoice of course,

i think i should be able to send it out this time. So my brother Kanwal i dont think there should be any issues as such.

Thanks abhijeet and shutzen for all the info. and help :)

Cheers
Sid

kanwal
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by kanwal » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:53 pm

Sid, u know we always stand by ur side !! wish u sucesss in ur mission. How much r u spending on all this ( approx ) ?

Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:00 pm

sent you a p.m.

Plus i am not sending the air rifles to import em back
i am getting in some other rifle, these i'm just sending him as a gift :)

Cheers
Sid

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Couriering Air rifles

Post by art_collector » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:46 pm

Hi Sidharath,

Invoices. IEC Code .......told u buddy its not easy sending air rifles to the US.The courrier might say anything but ground reality is far different. Thank your stars that u got the air guns back .

Just for your information using some ones invoice is illegal. You could be in deep trouble . All export invoices carry different serial numbers and other relevant details of the exporter.....have you given a thought what if the dealer has written to the customs regarding misuse of the invoice issued to you....

Just think before you jump

AC

OverUnderPump
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by OverUnderPump » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:58 pm

Best of luck buddy, lets meet up and plink on Sunday if possible.
Any other takers for a plink session on sunday..Mundaire, Olly, Kanwal ?
By the way, Kanwal, phone off na kari veeray :lol: like you did last Sunday.

regards
8)
OUP
The universe was born with a BIG BANG, no wonder guns run in my blood.

Disclaimer: My post is either a question or a reply to one. I am stating an opinion. If my opinion differs from yours, It's not intended as an insult.

Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:38 pm

art_collector";p="39494 wrote:Hi Sidharath,

Invoices. IEC Code .......told u buddy its not easy sending air rifles to the US.The courrier might say anything but ground reality is far different. Thank your stars that u got the air guns back .

Just for your information using some ones invoice is illegal. You could be in deep trouble . All export invoices carry different serial numbers and other relevant details of the exporter.....have you given a thought what if the dealer has written to the customs regarding misuse of the invoice issued to you....

Just think before you jump

AC
Sir
i haven't used the dealers name nor his/her IEC, i had written a letter along with it stating it's not for export purpose, it's a gift, but the bug*3rs wont bother to listen. I think i'll call it back and put em up for sale on this forum itself

Cheers
Sid