GOVERNMENT OF INDIA'S ORDERS/DECISIONS ON .22 RIFLES (SA)

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
hock ann
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

GOVERNMENT OF INDIA'S ORDERS/DECISIONS ON .22 RIFLES (SA)

Post by hock ann » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:32 pm

HI ALL,
SUB-Arms Act & Rules- Semi-automatic .22 bore Rifles-Grant of licence to members of Rifle
Club/Association.
GOI/MHA letter No.F.13/7/68-P. IV, Dated....1968. To The Secretary, to the Govt. of U.P., Home
(police-B.II) Department, Lucknow).

I am directed to refer to your letter No.7222-R/VIII-B-II-644L/67, dated-20.11.1967. on the subject mentioned above and to say that the provision in section 13(3) (a) (ii) of the Arms Act, it would be observed, does not make any distinction as to the type of .22 bore rifles in respect of which a licence shall be granted under this provision. As such, licences under the provision of the Act shall have to granted in respect of all types of .22 bore rifles (including semi-automatic type). It may. however be noticed that the use of the weapons covered by a licence issued under this provision of the Act, is to be restricted to target practice only.
Any new amendment on this :?:

Hock ann,

For Advertising mail webmaster
penpusher

Re: GOVERNMENT OF INDIA'S ORDERS/DECISIONS ON .22 RIFLES (SA

Post by penpusher » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:40 pm

The licensing authority for all semi-automatic firearms ,other than a revolver or pistol, since the 1980's, is the Ministry of Home,Government of India

hock ann
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by hock ann » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:58 pm

Thanks Sidhu can you give the Govt. notification No ?

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:15 pm

Have no idea but should of around 1986-87

james
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by james » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:35 pm

Hi, Mundaire , I am geeting my .22 rifle licence next week , is it possible to legally buy semi by any means ,any notification in arms act to support it legally , I am not able to get anything as per law,your expert openion is called - for..James.....