Advice needed: License got rejected

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Advice needed: License got rejected

Post by kanwar76 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:53 pm

Hi Guys,

As some of you know my 12bore license application got rejected recently so my question is

1. Is there any way to appeal against the decision?
2. If not then when can i apply again after rejection, is there a time period for that?
3. If i apply fresh then does one need to go through the same procedure.. (I really hate to ask my neighbors again.. bu$$er ask ten thousand questions and behave like they are doing a big favor for me)

I am really feeling helpless and dejected. I can own a shotgun in a country which is on first position when it comes to terrorism threats but not in my motherland where I born and bought up, Pay a big chunk of my earning every month :x Think I need to seriously consider Mehul's advice now.. :(

-Inder
PS: Anybody know any good Lawyer in Bangalore who takes arms license cases?
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

For Advertising mail webmaster
penpusher

Re: Advice needed: License got rejected

Post by penpusher » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:53 pm

Inder,

At what stage was a your application rejected?Was it sent for police verification or did the licensing authority reject it out right?Were you given a receipt for your application or anything else that would indicate that you had given an application for an arms license?

Ask the local licensing authority under the RTI as to the reason for your application being rejected.The Act clearly states that for any application to be rejected the reason has to be given in writing.From what I have seen,I doubt that this would have been done.You can take it up from there.

b.baracho
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by b.baracho » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:23 pm

hi kanwar76, if there is no criminal record and the police have no valid objection then i see no reason why you should not be granted a arms licence.In what form have you applied .they often reject the second application too.Pls do not lose heart these people usually want a bribe or influence from some politican.I say get your self a good lawyer and take the help of the court if necessary.
Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game. -P.Rod-

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:26 pm

Hi penpusher22jee,

Police verification was done , got out of local police station without any problem. its got rejected at my area DCP office. I got a letter with reason that I don't need license to join shooting range. Actually i applied giving reason for sports but didn't have any club membership but does one actually need a club membership to apply license?

I can apply again after getting membership but biggest problem is I really don't want to got to my neighbors again. I really don't know what to do.. :(

-Inder
PS: They took 8 months to send me that letter.
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:31 pm

b.baracho";p="47563 wrote: hi kanwar76, if there is no criminal record and the police have no valid objection then i see no reason why you should not be granted a arms licence.In what form have you applied .they often reject the second application too.Pls do not lose heart these people usually want a bribe or influence from some politican.I say get your self a good lawyer and take the help of the court if necessary.
No Baracho, I don't have any criminal record not even a traffic ticket. I applied for sports (and I think thats the biggest mistake I did :( )

-Inder

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:39 pm

kanwar76";p="47564 wrote:Hi penpusher22jee,

Police verification was done , got out of local police station without any problem. its got rejected at my area DCP office. I got a letter with reason that I don't need license to join shooting range. Actually i applied giving reason for sports but didn't have any club membership but does one actually need a club membership to apply license?

I can apply again after getting membership but biggest problem is I really don't want to got to my neighbors again. I really don't know what to do.. :(

-Inder
PS: They took 8 months to send me that letter.
...bah...babus and their ilk.... the lousy sods may not have been in the mood to do any useful work on that particular day... :)

Anyway do go ahead and re-apply... and re-apply and re-apply...atl east you can get that minute pleasure of making them work for a few moments while they scrutinize your forms... :mrgreen:

when you get tired...slap the buggers with RTI...

BTW how goes the WaffenFabrik Bern project? ;)
Last edited by cottage cheese on Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He who can not think, is a fool; he who will not, a bigot; he who dare not - a slave!

b.baracho
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by b.baracho » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:42 pm

no problem bro, apply for the second time and this time for self protection, reason say because you carry business (this always works in most applied applications) and still if they reject then you have excellent grounds to fight it in court, also try to get some political or highly influenced person to put in a good word on your behalf to the licencesing authority
Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game. -P.Rod-

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:46 pm

b.baracho";p="47569 wrote:highly influenced person
:) how many bottles?..... :mrgreen: ....man thats really going to help! :mrgreen:

Hi BB...sorry hope you don't think I'm baiting you...just happened to notice and was in the mood for some nonsense...:)
Last edited by cottage cheese on Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He who can not think, is a fool; he who will not, a bigot; he who dare not - a slave!

b.baracho
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by b.baracho » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:50 pm

non taken bro......COOL...

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:53 pm

You can file an appeal against the order.I would suggest that you apply to the DCP to review his order and this time get the application drafted by a lawyer.If he refuses to review his order,then you can file an appeal against this order with the appellant authority.

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:34 pm

Thanks a lot Guys for the suggestions.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:46 pm

penpusher";p="47575 wrote: You can file an appeal against the order.I would suggest that you apply to the DCP to review his order and this time get the application drafted by a lawyer.If he refuses to review his order,then you can file an appeal against this order with the appellant authority.
Make sure you get a copy of the appeal "received" by the clerk at the "daak" window. It may come in handy later if your appeal is rejected.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:53 pm

mundaire";p="47708 wrote:
penpusher";p="47575 wrote: You can file an appeal against the order.I would suggest that you apply to the DCP to review his order and this time get the application drafted by a lawyer.If he refuses to review his order,then you can file an appeal against this order with the appellant authority.
Make sure you get a copy of the appeal "received" by the clerk at the "daak" window. It may come in handy later if your appeal is rejected.

Cheers!
Abhijeet

Point Noted Sirjee...

-Inder :)

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:57 pm

cottage cheese";p="47568 wrote: BTW how goes the WaffenFabrik Bern project? ;)

Hey CC,

Not yet started my friend....work is killing me and sourcing the ingredients in small quantities is a nightmare you know..... so I am trying to order solution from US.. Will let you know how it goes...

-Inder