regarding the endorsement of additional weapon

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
saahil
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

regarding the endorsement of additional weapon

Post by saahil » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:59 pm

hi all
i applied for an additional weapon. today i got a call from the judicial branch that my file has been cleared positively from the SP office and ill get my permission in the some days. now my problem is this the clerk who use to tackle files related to arms was a very experienced guy but got transferred to another division. the guy who replaced him is also very cooperative but he know nothing about his job. now here im again asking for the help from the members 1) i wanna know how and where an add.weapon gets endorsed on a license 2)do we get seperate book for add.weapon 3)do they give seperate quota of bullets for the add.weapon(right now im having 25/75 for my revolver, and i have applied for a pistol as an addition). 4)this 25/75 will be for both the weapons or ill get seperate quota for additional weapon. it will be very helpful if any of the members who is having an add.weapon endorsed on his license can paste pics of those pages.waiting for the replies.take care.

For Advertising mail webmaster
striker
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by striker » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:39 pm

saahil
as far as i know the additional weapon have separate book and ammunition .
i have seen persons having additional weapons with separate books & ammunition quota.
be cool.

cheers
sankar
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------99.9% of the World's Gunners are 100% SAFE.Please do not ruin their reputation by being stupid or using guns in violence!!

guncrazy
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by guncrazy » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:26 am

I have mine endorsed on the same book though quota for cartridges differ and are at different places on the same book

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:11 am

In my case all three firearms (two rifles and one shotgun) have been entered in the same booklet.

There have been no additional endorsements for ammo for the second and third firearm and the quota for the first holds good for the second and third as well.

Since I ran out of blank pages, I was asked to cut blank paper to the same size as the pages in the booklet and add them therein.

Seperate booklets for each firearm is not an unknown concept either.

perazzi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: regarding the endorsement of additional weapon

Post by perazzi » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:16 am

I have 02 shotguns entered on the same booklet but the cartridge quotas are different.

Cheers Rohit.
Heart of a Lion , Memory of an Elephant

amk
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by amk » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:10 pm

Saahil, what reason did you give for applying for a second handgun?

AMK
AMK
--------------------------------------
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Ben Franklin
--------------------------------------

browning
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by browning » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:51 pm

I have two shotguns in the same booklet.

perazzi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by perazzi » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:29 pm

Aaah a like minded soul like myself is our friend Browning.
Tell us more bout the shotties and why you decided on 02 ?
Myself i could'nt part wth the first one although its just an indian imperial but a lovely weapon and off course senti value.

Rohit.
Heart of a Lion , Memory of an Elephant

sudhaiob
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sudhaiob » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:33 pm

all my three licences are on different booklets, however my cousin's two licences are in the same booklet.
regs
sudhaiob

saahil
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by saahil » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:07 pm

thanks to all dear members for their valuable help. i learned from all the replies is that there is no universal set of rules to be followed in govt offices.every clerk performes his job as per his wishes and knowledge.now lets see what happens with me. i hope that nothing very unusual happens. take care.

msandhu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by msandhu » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:59 pm

i think you can get up to three guns endorsed on the same license. That's what i heard from the babus when i got my license
Regards
Mandeep

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:37 am

Sahil which state are you from ,and how did you applied for second Handgun??? as far as i know ,we can only posses 1 handgun,1shot gun and 1 rifle and a additional .22 rifle on the basis of club membership. Please put some light over it.

And also the other members who have 2 Shotguns on there names,

I know a guy who have 5 licence,2 from different state and 3 from other state.
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:00 am

badshah0522";p="48178 wrote: Sahil which state are you from ,and how did you applied for second Handgun??? as far as i know ,we can only posses 1 handgun,1shot gun and 1 rifle and a additional .22 rifle on the basis of club membership. Please put some light over it.

Badshah, this is a popular misconception and one which is often perpetuated by the arms clerks in the licensing office! One is allowed to own 3 arms in any combination one wishes. So you could possibly own any of the following combinations:

1 handgun + 1 shotgun + 1 rifle (which is what most people do, but there is no legal necessity to adhere to this particular combination)
OR 3 handguns
OR 2 handguns + 1 rifle
OR 2 handguns + 1 shotgun
OR 3 rifles
OR 2 rifles + 1 handgun
OR 2 rifles + 1 shotgun
OR 3 shotguns
OR 2 shotguns + 1 handgun
OR 2 shotguns + 1 rifle

In addition members of rifle associations/ shooting clubs are allowed 1 extra license for a .22 rifle for sports purposes.

Also renowned shots are excluded from these limitations.

Getting multiple licenses from different jurisdictions to bypass this limitation is quite illegal and IIRC this is one of infringements of the Arms Act for which Sanjay Dutt was being prosecuted (of course along with other violations of the law that he is accused of).

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm

Abhijeet thanks for the info.Is this information availble somewhere in arms act or any other official book.?
mundaire";p="48181 wrote:
badshah0522";p="48178 wrote: Sahil which state are you from ,and how did you applied for second Handgun??? as far as i know ,we can only posses 1 handgun,1shot gun and 1 rifle and a additional .22 rifle on the basis of club membership. Please put some light over it.

Badshah, this is a popular misconception and one which is often perpetuated by the arms clerks in the licensing office! One is allowed to own 3 arms in any combination one wishes. So you could possibly own any of the following combinations:

1 handgun + 1 shotgun + 1 rifle (which is what most people do, but there is no legal necessity to adhere to this particular combination)
OR 3 handguns
OR 2 handguns + 1 rifle
OR 2 handguns + 1 shotgun
OR 3 rifles
OR 2 rifles + 1 handgun
OR 2 rifles + 1 shotgun
OR 3 shotguns
OR 2 shotguns + 1 handgun
OR 2 shotguns + 1 rifle

In addition members of rifle associations/ shooting clubs are allowed 1 extra license for a .22 rifle for sports purposes.

Also renowned shots are excluded from these limitations.

Getting multiple licenses from different jurisdictions to bypass this limitation is quite illegal and IIRC this is one of infringements of the Arms Act for which Sanjay Dutt was being prosecuted (of course along with other violations of the law that he is accused of).

Cheers!
Abhijeet
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

saahil
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by saahil » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:54 pm

hi badshah
already abhijeet has thrown ample light on the issue and as far as my case is concerned i got help from my cousin who is a senior civil servant.take care.