Monkey Menace

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
Shamsher
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Monkey Menace

Post by Shamsher » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:52 pm

Dear All,
Monkeys !! that's what i think about most of the time. They ruined my kitchen garden, bit my dog & broke a few lights & pipes around the neighborhood.

7 or 8 of them have been moving around the area since the last 6 months, god knows where they came from.

I just want to get rid of em. have been suggested the following

a) Feed them "Bhaang" mixed with gur. when they start to get drowzy. get someone to catch them & re-locate them at a distant place. (if i catch them buggers, they would be booted before being disposed off)

b) a doctor living across is dying to inject them with anesthesia.

c) Get the pest control to have them caught & relocated. But they say "hanuman hai bhai, kya kare"

d) The best option remains - do it yourself kid!!

Does anyone know where to get a Tranquilizer dart & it's gun from

even a used one would do. I would even rent one if avaliable!

Hope someone can help me on this one.

Much regards
Shamsher

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:28 pm

By far the most effective (and painless/ humane) option is to rent out a langur, these common macaques are terrified of langurs and one in the vicinity will ensure that they won't venture anywhere even close!

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:52 pm

or invite few nagas to ur location for a vacation and promise them u will supply them with chillies.

soon there will be no monkeying around.

nagarifle
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:22 pm

mundaire";p="50604 wrote:By far the most effective (and painless/ humane) option is to rent out a langur, these common macaques are terrified of langurs and one in the vicinity will ensure that they won't venture anywhere even close!

Cheers!
Abhijeet
I am afraid Abhijeet but that method also failed. Every year hundred acres of farms in Himachal are devastated by the monkeys. Farmers have tried everything but nothing seems to be working. Not only farms in Himachal but cities like Yamuna Nagar are also facing this menace but there is no solution in sight yet.

IIRC there was a proposal from Himachal Govt or Himachal forest department to cull monkeys which was later abandoned due to religious beliefs or I think they culled some of them

Shamsher,
Best method is to get a catty with marbles as ammo. Its really stings without doing any permanent damage just make sure you are not aiming on head. After a while they will start avoiding your house. One more thing you hit them from a cover otherwise they will create a big rucksack every time they see you. Now don't ask me how do I know :mrgreen:

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: Monkey Menace

Post by kanwar76 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:26 pm

See this: http://himachal.us/2007/09/27/monkey-cu ... al/jagmeet

They even hired the professional shooters :o

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:37 pm

This is serious Monkey business...
Has anyone tried druugging food (like the 'bhaang' mentioned)? I think its a worthwhile idea.
We had some similar problems in our ancestral house in Mysore, so we tried getting a dog in the house, avoiding keeping any eatables outside, etc. But the crummy devils always managed to find some reason to hang around. No one of the family lives there anymore, and I dont know if the problem is resolved...
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

R-Dhillon
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Monkey Menace

Post by R-Dhillon » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:46 am

Facing similar problems in Kotgarh(4hrs drive frm shimla)...Monkeys destroy orchards...Talk to your regional forest officer and pester him to take initiative. Dont harm them in anyway...U might get urself in trouble...

Shamsher
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Shamsher » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:10 pm

Any idea where to source the Tranquilizer dart Gun from. we could all share it.

kanwal
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by kanwal » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:08 pm

feed them some grams and jaggery laced with intoxicants and ship them to near by forest !! Do take advice from local forest officer or concern department.

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:32 pm

Don't firecrackers work? They are a real menace even here. Once they slapped the langur that was tied up at a building...so the whole troupe had to be netted and shipped out.

Be very wary monkeying around as they carry rabies.

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:34 pm

kanwal";p="50656 wrote:feed them some grams and jaggery laced with intoxicants and ship them to near by forest !! Do take advice from local forest officer or concern department.

They will be back before you reach home :mrgreen:

-Inder

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:33 pm

oh bhai

now please pay attention and follow this guide and you will not have any monkey problems.

Buy few kg of hot chilly
invite few nagas and ask them to provide their own meat and point them in the direction of the monkeys.

end of ur monkey problems.
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:37 pm

Check with your DFO if you can test your 12 bore on them. :-)
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:38 pm

If you want to be lynched by a mob go ahead sniper :-). But that's just the sorta advise you shouldn't be dishing out on the forum.

Dev

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:40 pm

nagarifle";p="50609 wrote: or invite few nagas to ur location for a vacation and promise them u will supply them with chillies.

soon there will be no monkeying around.

nagarifle
All that most of the world needs is a few good nagas :-).

Dev