quota for ammo

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
colthead
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

quota for ammo

Post by colthead » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:04 am

dear friends
as i am keen on trap shooting and the ammo quota on my licence is 50 rounds at any time and max 250 in a year
how does one get the quota increased ,
the last time i went for skeet shooting (as we have a skeet srpf range in mumbai ) we used over 100 rounds between the 2 of us i had to use some of my friends ammo who has a larger quota

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:54 am

Ammo issued by the club/ association at the range is not entered on your license, so it does not use up your quota. However, for a larger quota you will need to provide valid reason to the licensing authority.

If you have shot in competitions attach your participation/ merit certificates, a letter from an office bearer of your association/ club as well as a copy of your membership card would be the bare minimum if you are applying for a quota increase stating your reason for needing a larger quota as target practice/ competitive shooting.

Sometimes the licensing authority will increase your quota only till say 250/500 and ask you to first use it up before applying for a further increase. In this case you would do well to try and use it up as quickly as possible to prove your valid need for a much larger quota. When you go back, they will usually increase it to 2500/5000 or maybe even more.

If you know "the right people", the above does not apply...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

colthead
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by colthead » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:35 pm

dear Abhijeet
thanks for the infor it is highly appretiated , i will let you know when and how i get my quota increased

paragvns
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by paragvns » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:53 pm

can the 10/25 quota on handgun license also be increased?

Parag
An armed society is a polite society. — Robert A. Heinlein