Is it possible to buy a Walther P22 In India

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
amit_sharma86
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Is it possible to buy a Walther P22 In India

Post by amit_sharma86 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:47 pm

Is it possible to buy a Walther P22 In India because it is not a 9 mm. So is it really possible to buy a walther p22 in India.

For Advertising mail webmaster
HydNawab
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Is it possible to buy a Walther P22 In India

Post by HydNawab » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:05 pm

Might be very very difficult Amit.I would say almost next to impossible.These are new weapons and even if someone has bought them on a TR, they are not allowed to sell it.

The only way a person who has brought a weapon into India on TR can sell their gun is if they have a NOC from the DGFT to sell which I would say is very difficult to obtain.

You need to genuine reason.

Cheers

Ashar
'It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger squeeze'.

'You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.'

-- Al Capone

mashh1
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by mashh1 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:12 am

Amit, it is not a very good pistol in my opinion. very ammo sensitive and had feeding problem with many brands of ammo. front sight become loose after some time and you might lost it as they are changeable very easily, actually there will be many front sights of different heights as the elevation is adjusted by replacing the front sight. better try to find a Ruger or Browning Buck Mark, they are older designs and they will be available at your side.
regards
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big
enough to take away everything you have - Thomas Jefferson

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:41 am

Amit

In addition to Massh1 recommendation another brand is High standard and there is one for sale
http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?p=50701

Also Hyd Nawab has a good point on availability then again who knows there might be one somewhere

Best of luck

ravizz
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Is it possible to buy a Walther P22 In India

Post by ravizz » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:24 pm

Amit, i had seen this pistol for sale in mumbai 2-3 yrs back.it was with Banson arms.he was asking 3 lacs for it.even i found it ammo sensitive.god knows what will be the price now a days.
Regards Ravi