lock up period for IOF revolver

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
Black Mamaba
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

lock up period for IOF revolver

Post by Black Mamaba » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:36 pm

hi please tell me what is lock up period of IOF .32 revolver as i bought one this month only if i want to change it n wana buy some other handgun what is the procedure some body told that it comes with lockup period before it was three years now its changed to 5years is their any rule if i wana change it early do reply

For Advertising mail webmaster
badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:43 pm

It is 5 Years from the day of purchase..There are ways to sell it before 5 years but i donn know they work in MP or not.
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

Black Mamaba
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: lock up period for IOF revolver

Post by Black Mamaba » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:05 pm

Thank you Badsaha do let me know if u come to know and is there any provision for all india licence to go and change it out of M.P. if it is not allowed here as i have all india licence

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:58 pm

U have to take permission from your district OC Arms, (usually city magistrate is doing it)Usually people make false statement like they are in need of money,Or there is a marriage at home OR some one is sick at home ,need money for treatment..So please give permission to sell the rev.
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:42 pm

Black Mamaba";p="58624 wrote: IOF .32 revolver as i bought one this month only
BM,

You obviously must have done a little research and reading up and must have talked to a few people before you decided to buy the IOF .32 revolver. I am curious as to what happened that was so drastic that you decided to sell it within 10 days?

What ever your reasons are , there is a bit of a good news. In case you manage to get the permission to sell it ( which will be very very difficult to get), you can make a little profit out of selling it provided the revolver is working fine . :)

best,

RP.

PS. Which hand gun will you buy now i.e. if you manage to sell your IOF revolver.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !