.30M1 CARBINE

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
sukirti
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

.30M1 CARBINE

Post by sukirti » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:14 pm

My grandfather own a .30 m1 carbine liecense .how can the weapon transfer to my name

For Advertising mail webmaster
cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Re: .30M1 CARBINE

Post by cottage cheese » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:37 pm

You could apply under Heirloom basis- This will be issued by MHA after requisite processing and approval by state home dept. he should have owned it for no less than 20 years....or something like that.

OR

Your grandfather can apply with the state licensing authority to have the M1 converted by a licensed/statutory gunsmith or institution to a single shot- i.e the semi-auto capability is mechanically disabled

-- Sun Aug 09, 2009 20:38 --

You could apply under Heirloom basis- This will be issued by MHA after requisite processing and approval by state home dept. he should have owned it for no less than 20 years....or something like that.

OR

Your grandfather can apply with the state licensing authority to have the M1 converted by a licensed/statutory gunsmith or institution to a single shot- i.e the semi-auto capability is mechanically disabled.

You can then license it as an NPB
He who can not think, is a fool; he who will not, a bigot; he who dare not - a slave!