Are Blank Firing Pistols Legal ?

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
vkjalan
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Are Blank Firing Pistols Legal ?

Post by vkjalan » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:34 am

Hi,
I have a question on the floor. Is buying and also possessing Blank fire guns legal in India.

If it is can we have some write up on how to safe guard myself from getting into mess with the cops. U know how they all are.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Are Blank Firing Pistols Legal ?

Post by Vikram » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:01 am

They are legal.

More common sense than legalities here. Don't flash it, don't use it to threaten anyone ,do not shoot it in public places,do not carry into places where security measures are in place,try to keep a manual or a company brochure that says it's a blank firing gun etc. Depends heavily on one's behaviour and the mood of the officer.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

HydNawab
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Are Blank Firing Pistols Legal ?

Post by HydNawab » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:04 am

:agree:
I would also recommend not taking it out of your house. Try getting a letter from the local DCP or SP stating that it is a starter pistol or a toy pistol and cannot be converted into an actual firearm.
'It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger squeeze'.

'You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.'

-- Al Capone