BB gun comes under Restricted goods?

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
tirths
Shooting true
Shooting true

BB gun comes under Restricted goods?

Post by tirths » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:06 am

Can anyone import without rifle club membership? Will be glad if someone put some light.

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: BB gun comes under Restricted goods?

Post by mundaire » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:20 am

The calibre of BB's is? 4.5mm = .177 cal, am I correct? If so I don't see any problem importing a BB gun as it is basically an airgun which shoots 4.5mm BB projectiles...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

tirths
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by tirths » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:36 am

No Abhijeet, usually they are in 6mm

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:44 am

If that's the case my bad... I have a Walther PPK/S clone which shoots BBs and that reads as 4.5mm/ .177 cal, also the only other BB gun I've ever coveted is the Drozd and the specs of that read .177 as well - hence assumed that others would be the same calibre also. If they are 6mm's you are considering, guess the personal baggage route would be the only option.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein