Exporting arms?

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
ArcherSix
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Exporting arms?

Post by ArcherSix » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:12 am

I 've read on this board of the problems associated with importing arms into India. My question is has anyone attempted to export a rifle out of your country?

For Advertising mail webmaster
MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Exporting arms?

Post by MoA » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:31 am

I would expect a ton of red tape.

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:16 am

Am planning to take out a 450/400 cordite boxlock Jeffery in about a year's time.Wish me luck.A pistol renewal took 18 mo.I got Pi***d off and sold it :evil:
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:05 am

eljefe wrote:Am planning to take out a 450/400 cordite boxlock Jeffery in about a year's time.

As much as I want you to enjoy it in Oz but at the same time I hate to see it leave motherland. :(

but thats just me

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

Anand
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Anand » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:23 pm

Hello,
There is a facility and the Legal system allows it, but most of the temporary export of firearms would be by our National Shooting Team/ Renowned Shooters and they have "privileges" to make this process smooth and easier.
For us lesser mortals the paperwork involved would be nothing short of gigantic and the time taken would probably be ..... :roll:
Regards,
Anand

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:36 pm

Theoretically, firearms for which ammunition is not indigenously manufactured can be exported.However, the bureaucratic hoops are long,wide and complicated.However, certain resourceful people find it relatively easy to accomplish.That is how a lot of English,European and American guns found their way out of the country.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."