Eyesight- International Shooting Sport Federation

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
rajemessage
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Eyesight- International Shooting Sport Federation

Post by rajemessage » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:10 pm

1- what is the eyesight requirements for International Shooting Sport Federation events and for Olympics
spcially for 10 meter air rifle with .177 calibre.

2- which air rifle is good for national events target shooting and for Olympics. 10 meter air rifle with .177 calibre.

3- is rifle stand is allowed in national events target shooting and for Olympics.10 meter air rifle with .177 calibre.

4-3- is any kind of scoop is allowed in national events target shooting and for Olympics.10 meter air rifle with .177 calibre.

For Advertising mail webmaster
MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Re: eye site requ for International Shooting Sport Federation

Post by MoA » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:38 pm

1. Eyesight is required for shooting in general. It really helps if you can see your target clearly. makes it easier to hit.
2. I believe most use a Walther or something along those lines in the Olympics
3. What exactly do mean by rifle stand. The position normally used for Olympic shooting is standing.
4. Sccop for what? I dont think you need to scoop anything, however Optical enhancement devices such as Scopes are not generally allowed in ISSF or Olympic shooting. At least on the gun. Other than polarising filters I think no other optical device is permissable.
There are a number of shooting disciplines where scopes are required.
Last edited by MoA on Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:47 pm

:uncontrollable: ROTFL
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.

m24
Veteran
Veteran

Post by m24 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:53 pm

:uncontrollable:
Jeff Cooper advocated four basic rules of gun safety:
1) All guns are always loaded. Even if they are not, treat them as if they are.
2) Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
3) Keep your finger off the trigger till your sights are on the target.
4) Identify your target, and what is behind it.

Subal das
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Subal das » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:20 pm

buy Walter LG300 alutech rifle, use rifle stand always, use google about rules for 10m air rifle, buy pellets Match Kugeln, shoot about 20000 per year in 6-7 year we can see you in Olympics, good luck :!:

-- Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:22 am --

Oh more ... no skooops, and rifle already coming with sights
"Loose lips sink ships"
"Curiosity kill the cat"

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Eyesight- International Shooting Sport Federation

Post by TenX » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:07 am

My comments pending, after I regain!
:)
But I will surely write on what is required. I understand that you tried to post some question, and got confused.... :)
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MoA » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:44 am

TenX wrote:My comments pending, after I regain!
:)
promises...

to_saptarshi
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by to_saptarshi » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:16 am

rajemessage wrote:1- what is the eyesight requirements for International Shooting Sport Federation events and for Olympics
spcially for 10 meter air rifle with .177 calibre.

2- which air rifle is good for national events target shooting and for Olympics. 10 meter air rifle with .177 calibre.

3- is rifle stand is allowed in national events target shooting and for Olympics.10 meter air rifle with .177 calibre.

4-3- is any kind of scoop is allowed in national events target shooting and for Olympics.10 meter air rifle with .177 calibre.
1. As long as you can see the target clearly 33 feet away from you, with normal eye vision or with a specs (Corrective Lense) , you are fine. No Special lense attachment is allowed in peep sight in the rifle apart from color filter and iris adjustement.

2. Feinwerkbau, Anschutz, Walther, Styer are most common and used in 10M Competition, Model depends upon your choice , preference and budget, pneumatic, co2, compressed air or spring piston not a constraint.

3. Rifle Stand is allowed , and used for resting rifle during gap between two shots. also pellet holder is associated with stands. Shooting will be off hand standing only without any support of stand.

4. No Scope is required or allowed in 10M Air Rifle. Only running target event will allow you mounting a scope on rifle. However you can use a spotting scope to see the target after a shot is fired , it depends upon the competition you are perticipating. Most international event are equipped with electronic scoreboard , so you dont have to use one.

Hope this helps.

-- Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:27 am --
Subal das wrote:buy pellets Match Kugeln
Subal , there is no pellet called "Match Kugeln" its Meisterkugeln actually. and Pellet head size, weight and brand widely varries from rifle to rifle to get perfect group. So always buying "Match Kugeln" may not be fruitful for getting Olympic gold.
Thanks and Regards,
Saptarshi

Subal das
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Subal das » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:17 am

Subal das wrote:buy pellets Match Kugeln
Subal , there is no pellet called "Match Kugeln" its Meisterkugeln actually. and Pellet head size, weight and brand widely varries from rifle to rifle to get perfect group. So always buying "Match Kugeln" may not be fruitful for getting Olympic gold.
well that varies in US... maybe.... here , not so many kind available via NRAI and it is in big shortage too
here is the picture
to safe some time maybe 1-2 years I would recommend to buy Scatt also, cost in India INR 88K
"Loose lips sink ships"
"Curiosity kill the cat"

to_saptarshi
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by to_saptarshi » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:58 am

Thanks Subal , I stand corrected. Match Kugeln is not very common here rather people prefer other variation of HN like HN Finale and RWS R-10. Anyway thanks for the Info. Is SCATT, RIKA or NOPTEL available in India to any dealer ?
Thanks and Regards,
Saptarshi

Subal das
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Subal das » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:35 am

to_saptarshi wrote:Thanks Subal , I stand corrected. Match Kugeln is not very common here rather people prefer other variation of HN like HN Finale and RWS R-10. Anyway thanks for the Info. Is SCATT, RIKA or NOPTEL available in India to any dealer ?
you are welcome!

Scatt is available with two dealers in Mumbai not sure about others
http://www.scatt.com/buy.htm
"Loose lips sink ships"
"Curiosity kill the cat"

ven99
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by ven99 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:16 pm

good

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:32 pm

hi,

it takes about a year to reach the national level at air pistol, could be the same with air rifle. You need to put in an hour or so three days or four days a week. Use the best equipment, Steyr or Morini in air pistol and rifles I don't know much about but go with what Sapta says.
Use the best pellets that you can find. I have also slaved with P 10's and the new mastershot pellets. But to take pellet error out of the equation use meisterkugeln or matchkugeln any other German match pellet.

The only ISSF sport where a scope is used is the rifle discipline of running deer. Get in touch with Shimon Sharieff of topgun shooting club. He does hang around at the SiriFort complex at times.
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.