New kits question

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
Subal das
Shooting true
Shooting true

New kits question

Post by Subal das » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:31 am

NRAI match book 2010 said all rifles, kits and equipment have to be up to ISSF rules. Does it mean all rifle shooters have to use new kit as current standards regarding kits in ISSF got changed. What about up coming Mavlankar, do I need worry and rush ordering new kit? What about last Mavlankar and nationals, been old kits in use or shooters been busy with tailors stitching new kits? Please kindly enlighten me.
"Loose lips sink ships"
"Curiosity kill the cat"

For Advertising mail webmaster
dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: New kits question

Post by dev » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:36 pm

Don't have a clear answer for you yet but I will tell you what happened at the last GVM. We were told at the state level that you can't wear jeans while shooting Air pistol. We change into track suits and go to shoot the GVM and lo and behold several shooters are gaining an unfair advantage by still shooting in their jeans.
I guess i would worry about kit only at the National level, but please don't go by what I say. A protest by a jealous loser could do you in.

Regards,

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:15 pm

Ya they had this no jeans rule in the May MAWC 2011 here...I saw a few shooting 10mtr air pistol with jeans. Whats the message ? The hell with the rules....they wont ask you to shoot with only your kaccha on ......right ?

:lol:

M.
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

Subal das
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Subal das » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:23 am

thanks gents
I'm worrying about rifle kits, as thickness of canvas reduced from 2mm to 1mm according to IFFS rules.
"Loose lips sink ships"
"Curiosity kill the cat"

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:19 pm

fantumfan2003 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:15 am

Ya they had this no jeans rule in the May MAWC 2011 here...I saw a few shooting 10mtr air pistol with jeans. Whats the message ? The hell with the rules....they wont ask you to shoot with only your kaccha on ......right ?

> Don't be surprised..........
> If the pundits up there are gearing up to either ban or introduce licence system for Air Rifles - they may even ask you to drop down your 'Kaccha'!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Brihacharan