Aatmanirbhar Bharat

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
Mr.Shome
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Aatmanirbhar Bharat

Post by Mr.Shome » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:09 am

Dear All,

Heard some noises about renowned global gunmakers coming to India. Surprisingly, none of them (if they at all can) manufacture atleast basic sports pistols and other sports weapons. The point is, our country is ready to pay billions for ornamental Russian missiles etc., which will thankfully never be used (read kickbacks)...but most of our infantry soldiers (read sacrificial goats) still carry the unwieldy INSAS.... I'm only trying to say that we need many changes (I didn't intend to make a political post).

Yes, a few thousand practical rifles have been ordered from the US to fire our patriotism, when our boys get killed....(doesn't makes m business sense for the powers that be)

Sorry for rambling, I am sure that we can have a healthyf irearm culture and we do have the talent to produce good weapons (for sports, self defense.... infinity).... perhaps ....but hopefully. Our new Aatmanirbhar Bharat will encourage domestic production....

Warm Regards everyone.

For Advertising mail webmaster
winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Aatmanirbhar Bharat

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:25 am

If the govt.takes years to clear licenses to manufacture, you will not have this self reliance.
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their consciences.

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Aatmanirbhar Bharat

Post by eljefe » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:09 pm

Latest entrant for the Indian armed forces ‘hunger games’is carbines made in UAE...
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."