Shooting Sports A Day Event

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
rajitkg12
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Shooting Sports A Day Event

Post by rajitkg12 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:52 pm

Dear Friends,

Shooting event held near Virajpet Interested members can contact the members on the attachment.on 24 Apr 2022
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
StampMaster
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Shooting Sports A Day Event

Post by StampMaster » Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:07 pm

Thanks Rajitkg12 for the info. I know there are lot of such events that happen in Coorg. Prior information on schedule of events will surely help plan travel.
”Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.”

rajitkg12
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by rajitkg12 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:28 pm

@Stamp Master Sure Sir, If I Have Prior Information Of Any Such Events In Future I will Try To Share Here.

rajitkg12
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by rajitkg12 » Thu May 05, 2022 8:20 pm

Dear Members,

One more shooting day event on 22 May 2022 comming up please do reach the members on the attachment for more information.

These are all raw event do not bring any modern or sophisticated attachment to gun and body because everyone will come only with there gun and bullet. no scope shoulder strap eye or Ear gears etc. Like international events.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by rajitkg12 on Sat May 14, 2022 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rajitkg12
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by rajitkg12 » Thu May 05, 2022 8:56 pm

Dear All,

There is one more event on 29 May 2022 But on Restriction Mode . kindly contact organizers before attending.Please call the members on the attachment before attending to confirm if you can participate.

rajitkg12
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by rajitkg12 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:03 pm

New Shooting Event On 19th March

https://maps.app.goo.gl/T25do5BKnFUSRxzq7

GVS
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by GVS » Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:16 pm

Hi Rajitkg12,

Can we participate even if we don't have a gun?

Thanks
GVS

rajitkg12
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by rajitkg12 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:24 pm

@ GVS

Yes sure any one can participate no gender or age restriction no gun required Gun's will be organised there itself or you can barrow from some one or you can carry your gun however.

Bullets/Cartridges you have to buy or carry yours.

Airgun/Airriffel pellts or Included on entry fee if you want you can carry your own,

There is a Entry fee for all the event which you can buy on the spot, for further clarification you have to call organizers number provided on the advertisement bill attached on above post.

Hope it helps

GVS
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by GVS » Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:52 pm

Thanks Rajit. Will get in touch with the organizers.

Can I refer your name if they ask how I got to know.

Cheers

rajitkg12
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by rajitkg12 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:33 pm

@ GVS

Sure ,,👍

rajitkg12
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by rajitkg12 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:47 pm

Local news paper cuttings about a day shooting event held on March 19 2023 in Birunani Coorg/Kodagu.

if someone had attended this event please Share your experience about the event.

GVS
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by GVS » Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:28 pm

rajitkg12 wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:47 pm
Local news paper cuttings about a day shooting event held on March 19 2023 in Birunani Coorg/Kodagu.

if someone had attended this event please Share your experience about the event.
Hi Rajit,

I attended this event last sunday with my daughter and I must say it was quite well organized. It was the first time either my daughter or I were participating in a competition like this.

There were the following categories to shoot:

1. Air rifle - Target was eggs places at 15 mtrs
2. .22 Rifle - Target was a coconut placed at 50 mtrs
3. 12 bore with bird shot - Target was a coconut placed at 20 mtrs
4. 12 bore with slug - Target was a coconut placed at 20 mtrs

My daughter, who is 16 yrs , and I participated in all of these categories. I think she was the only girl below 18 to shoot in all categories and she handled the shotgun quite well for a first timer.

Participants who didnt have a gun were given one along with ammo by the organizers. Ammo being charged extra at Rs. 50 for 2 x .22 cartridges and Rs. 100 for the Birdshot and Buck shot each.

Lunch was included for the participants and non-participants as well.

We enjoyed being a part of the event but if you are keen winning, you need to get your own weapon because you will know how it shoots and your chances will be very high.

Since we didn't have ouw own gun, except for the air rifle, we had to use the one that the organizers gave, without much success because you dont have enough shots to get used to the gun. For .22 Rifle, you are given 2 shots to quality and for the shotgun, you are given one shot to quality.

The old single barrel SBBL shotgun I was given had a problem with locking and when I shot the slug round it just opened up at the breech.Luckily, nothing serious happened. Will share a video on what happened.

I saw some good shotguns and will remember two of them. One was a Beretta over and under and the other one was a Greener, Birmingham with a Martini action.

My daughter and I are hooked and are looking forward to attending more events like this in the future.

I tried posting some video of the event , apparently the website does not accept .mp4 , . mov, .avi and .mwv format.

Dont know what other formats it accepts.

Cheers
GVS

rajitkg12
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by rajitkg12 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:32 pm

@GVS

Kudos, nice to hear your overwhelming experience Sir, I believe you have liked the format of the event, your experience will encourage more participation of shooters.

As you mentioned one thing is for sure,To increase the possibility of winning you must have your own weapon with hands-on shooting experience with it, and you must have to zero the gun to exact distance of the event. and obviously skills, And confidence of handling nervousness and tension overcoming fear of failure in front of glaring crowds.

Beauty of the event any one can participate without any restriction,

This format event have the potential to attract more people to this sports.

To share the video you have to upload it in third party platform like Google drive or Youtube etc. and share the links here Sir.

rajitkg12
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by rajitkg12 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:15 pm

I had missed to add this information that I have witnessed in some places of shooting event held earlier in Coorg would also had variable distance and position of target some times they increase the distance and change the position/elevation of the target and some times they will reduce the distance and elevation/position of the target after first round,

apart from that in tie-breaker or in last rounds/moment they might increase or decrease the distance of the target elevation and position of the target.

For Example:
1)Working situation like large numbers of participents 2)When large number of Participents clear first rounds
3)Non of the participants have cleared first round
4) And in last rounds when there is tie

GVS
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by GVS » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:40 am

rajitkg12 wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:15 pm
I had missed to add this information that I have witnessed in some places of shooting event held earlier in Coorg would also had variable distance and position of target some times they increase the distance and change the position/elevation of the target and some times they will reduce the distance and elevation/position of the target after first round,

apart from that in tie-breaker or in last rounds/moment they might increase or decrease the distance of the target elevation and position of the target.

For Example:
1)Working situation like large numbers of participents 2)When large number of Participents clear first rounds
3)Non of the participants have cleared first round
4) And in last rounds when there is tie
Do let us know of any upcoming such competitions in Coorg, I would definitely like to attend those.