Seeking Advice Shooting Career

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Seeking Advice Shooting Career

Post by mundaire » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:35 pm

Welcome to the community!

I see members have given some very well thought out and sensible advice in the prior posts.

My daughter is also the same age, so I can totally relate to your concerns and challenges.

To add to the excellent advise already given:

1) Your child will grow, so budget for size changes in kit. In air rifles, it will be grip size, jackets, trousers, gloves. In pistols it will be just grip size.

2) In my opinion, DON'T buy a very expensive air rifle or air pistol, till your child proves her/ his chops in competition! While it's a fact that good kit makes a big difference, let them earn it. Keeps them focused and also let's you know that you are spending your money where your child is keen/ interested/ will try hard(er). RENT, till you get that correct signal (results). Then buy Indian kit, including the air rifle/ pistol, the price difference is huge! For the price of an imported air rifle/ pistol you can buy one of each of Indian make plus gloves/ jacket/ trousers etc.

3) Indian made stuff is improving in quality every day and I can assure you, is good enough to get your child qualified to play the Nationals and also get an MQS/ renowned shot score. Set that as the target for your child. If they get there, means they have the hunger, then put in the money for the German/ Swiss air rifle/ pistol.

4) Since we are talking about 10m air guns, i would first buy a pellet trap, and Indian kit (including air rifle/ pistol) and set up a range on the balcony/ terrace/ any other place with a safe back stop. I'd see if the child is motivated to use it or not. But then, in my case I'd be happy to use the air rifle/ pistol myself, in case the child lacks motivation. I cannot judge that for you, so you could end up wasting a lot of money taking that route. Hence my advice, to RENT till you're sure about that aspect.

HTH

Cheers!
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

For Advertising mail webmaster
Bau003
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Bau003 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:29 pm

Thanks 🙏 for details.

Please guide from where I can buy Indian stuff like Rifle etc if needed.. I am based in Kolkata

hornet22
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by hornet22 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:02 pm

NAME DEALER ADDRESS CONTACT

J Biswas & Co. (Stockist & Authorised Service Centre)
2, Chowringhee Road,Kolkata - 700013, West Bengal
033 22283147 / 91 9831457805, [email protected]

D.N. Biswas & Co. - Arms & Ammunition Dealer
10, B.B.D. Bag (E), Kolkata - 700001, West Bengal
033-40051729, [email protected]

N.C.Daw & Co.
9, B.B.D Bag (E), Kolkata - 700001, West Bengal
91 9830183547, [email protected]

These are authorised Precihole dealers in Kolkata they would also have other brands with them

Bau003
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Bau003 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:10 pm

Thanks Hornet22 for details. The price is reasonable compared to other brands.

One dump question Is PX100 match pro Peep rifle and will be allowed in competition.

Pls bear with me I have 0 shooting knowledge just learning for my daughter 🙏

hornet22
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by hornet22 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:09 am

Yes PX 100 Match Pro peep sight rifle is made for the purpose of shooting 10m event so it should be allowed

Bau003
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Bau003 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:19 pm

Great I checked it. Also by God Grace had a chance to talk with Anshuman Pathak. Got some more insight into sport.

As you suggested planning to create shooting range like Anshuman and see if it interests the child

Bau003
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Bau003 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:42 pm

New updates :

After pursual of her coach many a times I was forced to buy 2nd hand Feinwerkbau 800X air rifle. It seemed he was not ready to teach without rifle. I think without coach/club no one is allowed to participate in state or national events so was forced to take decision.

The rifle came few days back and she has 4 practice matches with it. The scores are 373 368 375 378.

I sense that coaches are not paying attention to some important details like Shooting stance, Aiming process, Breathing etc. They are more inclined with clicks only. May be they are correct but I feel process will improve shooter rifles are more or less accurate.

hornet22
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by hornet22 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:48 pm

The score seems to be decent , so that means the coaching is working

Bau003
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Bau003 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:02 pm

Can we use Scatt MX basic with Feinwerkbau 800 rifle or any rifle in general.

Automatic1947
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Automatic1947 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:00 pm

You better speak to senior National or International shooters, you could meet them personally if possible or call them and ask them about Scatt Max.

Bau003
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Bau003 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:46 pm

I do not know any one personally or have contact details of anyone. Reading the Rifle training book as of now to get some idea about the sports. The books referred SCATT multiple times so thought of posting here to get more idea.

If you have any contacts of people who are interested to share the knowledge let me know.

hornet22
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by hornet22 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:31 pm

Why don't you try joydeep Karmakar shooting Academy in Kolkata.