Evidence of how much the NRAI does for the shooting sports

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:57 pm

mundaire";p="9867 wrote:
kanwar76";p="9859 wrote:PS:I did little R&D about number of visitors. Its all about Meta tags. If you search in google using shooting india or any other combination using these words, it will take you to the site.. Something which we also need to do.. Abhijeet
Completely OT - but I'll bite! ;) Inder, the days of meta tags improving search rankings are long past... due to unscrupulous site owners misusing these tags, successful search engines like Google now place far more emphasis on other aspects of a site's content along with how many sites link back to the site (google page rank). While an entire lesson in Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is not possible on this thread, suffice to say, what we need is more sites linking to us to help improve our rankings on Google.

Do not forget Indianshooting.com had a proper press release where the site was launched by Col. Rathore and they got decent coverage in the media here, hence links to the site are mentioned on several well ranked media sites...

Cheers!
Abhijeet

Hey thanks Abhijeet,

It’s been long since I am out of touch of any side of web designing or web search optimization. Your explanation makes sense. I think I need to read more..

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

For Advertising mail webmaster
mehulkamdar

Re: Evidence of how much the NRAI does for the shooting spor

Post by mehulkamdar » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:19 pm

Isn't it particularly sad how the midgets in the top 25 category want to preserve their place by restricting others from participating rather than bring more shooters into the sport and competing with them and proving what they are really made of? Perhaps, it is clear why the NRAI did not evven bother to arrange proper coverage of the Nationals by the press. As long as they could offer a report card saying who were India's top shooters and complete what is a routine formality, they would continue to get Sports Ministry funds to take their wives and families on paid junkets to wherever the chowderheads of the ISSF hold their annual meetings.

It is clear that the officials involved in the shooting sports in India are in them for what they gain out of them and not for their love of the sport or for any intention to promote them. :evil: :(

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:57 pm

Inder,

Sorry for the late reply.

Reg shooters who can import please read what Rusatm has posted on this here; http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... &&start=15

Should be valid for one year alone as the MQS would vary from year to year.Please check if this has been implemented.Shooters have been allowed to import a max of 15,000 rounds.This would ,of course,be subject to the no. of cartridges they are allowed to purchase on their license in a year.

Mehul,

Couldn't agree with you more.Check out what the NRAI was set up to achieve and on the basis of which it recieves grants form the Sports Minsitry; http://sportal.nic.in/frontdetails1.asp ... dingid=135

Check out the grants given to the NRAI by the Ministry of Sports; http://yas.nic.in/yasroot/beneficiaries ... ons.htm#05

Now contrast this with what the organisation has really achieved.

penpusher

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:15 pm

Has somebody any further info on this http://news.oneindia.in/2006/04/25/shoo ... 68800.html

penpusher

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:35 pm

Some more NRAI related articles

http://sport.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1255261.cms

http://www.espnstar.com/others/others_n ... 97510.html

http://origin.ndtv.com/sports/showsports.asp?id=13686

http://www.india-today.com/itoday/20010903/cover2.shtml

Lok Sabha G.S.R. 696 (E) published in Gazette of India dated the 9th November, 2006, together with an explanatory memorandum seeking to exempt customs duty on Air Rifles/Pistols-0.117 calibers imported by National Rifle Association of India (NRAI) for the purpose of imparting training, subject to specified conditions.

http://www.ibnlive.com/news/jaspal-was- ... 968-5.html

penpusher

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:55 pm

penpusher";p="10158 wrote:Has somebody any further info on this http://news.oneindia.in/2006/04/25/shoo ... 68800.html
penpusher

New Delhi, Apr 25 (UNI) Accusing the National Rifle Association of India (NRAI) of squandering government funds and blatant misuse of power, Haryana shooter Ashok Mittal today urged the governemnt to take action against the body for shielding an official responsible for ''manipulation of scores'' at the S Sajjan Singh Memorial Championship.

Mittal, in a letter to the Minister of Sports and Youth Affairs, accused Susheel Chowdhary, an NRAI office bearer and responsible for the selection trials for the event, of cheating and manipulation during the championship.

''Scores were changed in full view of all present. He gave wrong decisions inspite of protests by the contestants. Complaints were made to the NRAI but they were only interested in shielding him and took no action,'' he wrote in his letter to the Sports Minister.

He alleged the official was incompetent for the job and accused the NRAI of showing undue favouritism towards him. Mittal claimed the NRAI was misusing public funds by sending him to events he did not deserve to go.

''Chowdhary was sent to the recent World Cup in China even though he did not attend a single coaching camp,'' he said.

He also alleged Chowdhary had been promoting his daughter Shagun at various champioships at the expense of tax payers' money.

''She has been never figured anywhere in all the World Cups that she has been sent to and her scores remain pathetic,'' Mittal argued.

Mittal said despite complaints from country' top shooters, including Olympic silver medallist Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore, about the official, the NRAI has not taken any action against Chowdhary.

I have quite a bit of dope on this blighter but am not at liberty to reveal it. Let's just say he is causing a very good friend of mine a lot of problems with regard to the range coming up at Jaipur.

Sooner or later he will get his comeuppance.

Thanks for the link penpusher.

Mack The Knife

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:06 pm

Don't blame the shooters if they fail to return with rich medal hauls in their coming assignments for they are being forced to worry about "other things" rather than focus on the task at hand.

Poor hygienic conditions at the residential wing of the Nehru Stadium where they have been put up has forced about 20 shooters, in the Capital for a preparatory camp, to worry more about their health rather than winning medals in international events including next year's Commonwealth Games.
How very true.

When they say choked toilets, please understand that they are refering to sh1t pots choked with the smelly stuff. Want to have a bath? Well, then you better be up at 4 a.m. and make the rounds of all the toilets. One of them may just have a running tap..........of cold water at the peak of Delhi winter.

If you are lucky, there MAY be a bus to take you to the range. If not, well the organisers may not given a damn if you turn up late for the selection trials.

Mack The Knife

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:58 am

Mack The Knife,

How have things degenerated to this extent?

When I went to the Kolhapur nationals in 81, I think,(my last nationals) we MRC boys were housed in a 3 star hotel, were driven to and from the range very day and got to enjoy superb food both on our way there as well as back. There was no facility that was wanting or lacking through the trip and I did have a superb time.

I really can't believe that things have come to such a low level now...

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:57 am

Mehul,

That lament holds good for many sporting disciplines in India.

The toilets at the Sports Authority of India (South) were an absolute disaster with rats running around whilst you took a dump. One day the current President of India came visiting and the bogs were tranformed - not just cleaned but retiled, new fixtures, freshly painted, et al.

Sports still isn't taken seriously in this country.

Mack The Knife

eternalme
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by eternalme » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:18 pm

I think its time for me to seriously consider permanet citizenship here, you look at things backhome and feel disgusted, why there is so much drama on small things.
Hume pipe is selling cheap quality guns - no f*****g license required and if I wish to bring some quality stuff, the damn licensing and import and lots of question from those unqualified cutoms officials who have sharp nose for smelling pounds and dollars, afterall they also need to save for the rainy days.

sorry guys

eternalme
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by eternalme » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:28 pm

Very true Mack The Knife ji,

I was wondering why NRAI is not headed by the national champion of the year, who else deserves most than the person who knows the sport and is top name in the sport.
NRAI is in crap becasue they have become totally government maggots and there is not spirit of sports in the people sitting on those chairs, they don't have head on theor shoulders its only crap producing machine, mediocre minds.

The best would be create and fund a parallel shooting sport organisation which is professionally managed, precidented by lead man of the sports.

what say ?
or may be I am blabbering a bit :-).
ll====lll lll====ll
lll Subs lll

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:11 pm

Hi Subodh,

I appreciate your sentiments but to have an athlete at the peak of his ability bogged down with an administrative job would probably not work.

Mack The Knife

eternalme
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by eternalme » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:57 pm

:-)

Ex Athlete ? The problem is people who have no understanding are managing the things not those who know.
ll====lll lll====ll
lll Subs lll

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:30 pm

Seemed SOP for many sports/ disciplines, atleast here in India.best way to garner free tickets and an official status for International meets, what?
The shooter has no time to do the hajaar paper work related snafus and the babu is comfortable being part of the problem, not the solution.
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

steyrshot
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Indore Nationals

Post by steyrshot » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:04 pm

Hmmm im sure im gonna get a lot of flack for this one lol

But i was at Indore for the Nationals, and while the Top Gun website may say Gun Control was well organized this time ... i remember having to wait the better part of a whole day just to get my shoes checked and passed.

Anyway atleast i did manage to do something worthwhile while i was there .. shot a 570, got my new National Ranking (its currently 14th) and yes (winces anticipating the return posts from all the critics) i got my Renowned shot status.

but i would like to clarify ... i havn't applied for a weapon under the renowned shot scheme, as i have to thank a angel from Maharashtra .. a shooter like myself who brought back my weapon from Germany for me much earler.

i think its safe to say ... having seen the friendships and the bonds we make on the circuit.. that those people who voted in favour of restricting imports do not understand the meaning of "sportsmanship", my personal experience has shown me fellow competitors who help each other out - perhaps these people i have met are more confident in their own abilities than the make of weapons they shoot - unlike those who voted against import restrictions being lifted.

All i can say is that its sad to see anyone who would want a restriction on imports ... the only people it helps are the International up-coming shooters and not the Indian Shooters who find themselves at a disadvantage.
With regards,
Steyrshot
And he lifted his pistol as the crowds cheered ... the sights sharpened ... the target blurred ... the finger squeezed ... DAMN !!! forgot to load the silly thing again :oops: ... The crowd now looks the other way ... I wake up from my Nightmare !!! :D