The ways of the Rifle - does anyone have it

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
amer4545
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: The ways of the Rifle - does anyone have it

Post by amer4545 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:53 am

fantumfan2003 wrote:Got my copy today from Abhinav Futuristics Limited.

[ Image ]

Took seven days to reach Mombai. Came in very well packed. Hats off to the staff.

Just thumbed through it and I say GO FOR IT

Tad expensive though. A British shop had it for GBP38 but would not ship to India so spent 4240/-

I'll try and do a review later if I can.

M.
Abhinav ripped you off man, i paid 3700/- including shipping from Manohar books.

For Advertising mail webmaster
to_saptarshi
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by to_saptarshi » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:48 am

did not noticed this topic before. Once I asked Abhinav Futuristics Ltd regarding "Ways of the Rifle 2009" Edition, Below are the reply from them, Bank A/C and Phone number suppressed for security reason in open forum.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Greetings,

This refers to your mail today fine morning regarding subject matter. Thanks for your esteemed order. The cost of the book is INR 3990 or USD 85 plus courier charges USD 47 via DHL (by normal mail USD 16). Kindly remit the amount via

AXIS BANK
Sec 35 Chandigarh
Account No xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
IFS CODE UTIB0000041
Swift Code UTIBINBB041
FOR ABHINAV FUTURISTICS LTD.

After receiving the payment we’ll send the book through DHL or Normal mail (as desired by you) & dispatch details through e-mail immediately.

We hope the great book full of knowledge is useful for you.

Best Regards,

Rainu Lata

For Abhinav Futuristics Ltd.
SCO 62-63,First Floor
Sector 34A
Chandigarh
Phone-XXXXXXXXXXX

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I found it cheaper here and I bought the same from Champion Shooters Supply for 60$, Thats the cheapest price I got over net. From the picture it looks like they are specially printing that Indian Edition for India.

In my opinion the book well deserved and worth the price. So anybody interested in serious ISSF style may consider buying it.
Thanks and Regards,
Saptarshi

gverma
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by gverma » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:39 am

You can get it from Abhinav Futurestic ltd delhi office

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:34 am

Thank you for the enlightment.

I knew, I was being taken for a ride, but had no choice at that point in time.

Rifle Shooting by Launi Meili should be the first book to refer to. Its has a better flow which novices can grasp easily.

Here is my micro review of the book.

Book is over priced, even more so as its printed in India. The quality of paper and printing needs a lot of improvement. Get your self a copy from overseas, as an overseas copy will have better quality of paper and printing and its cheaper too....

WotR2009 has a lot of info but its layout is severely cluttered, its choice of font, size and colours are so bad that it has everything going wrong for it. Most users will not want to refer to it. It is a very reader unfriendly book packed with a lot of info though, which one will discover in bits and pieces on his journey through air rifle shooting.

I must say one thing emphatically. This book is not a substitute for a coach. One is better off learning under a coach (difficult in India, I am aware). As a learned one put it......YOU CAN'T OBSERVE YOURSELF..........

M.
amer4545 wrote:
fantumfan2003 wrote:Got my copy today from Abhinav Futuristics Limited.

[ Image ]

Took seven days to reach Mombai. Came in very well packed. Hats off to the staff.

Just thumbed through it and I say GO FOR IT

Tad expensive though. A British shop had it for GBP38 but would not ship to India so spent 4240/-

I'll try and do a review later if I can.

M.
Abhinav ripped you off man, i paid 3700/- including shipping from Manohar books.
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

kaipu
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by kaipu » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:33 pm

Just ordered "Ways of the Rifle 2009" and "Air Rifle Shooting" from intershoot.co.uk £36.00 each + £32.00 for shipping.
Also enquired about them on Manohar Books but they said that the books are not published anymore.
No reply from AFL, it was the best price I was getting anywhere on the net.
I'll let you guys know my thoughts on the books.. :)

kaipu
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by kaipu » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:49 pm

After placing the order on 18th of August I got the books on 28th of August.. 10 Days.. Excellent.. :)

I had a brief look and I must say that all the information is very detailed. Any of these books is a must have for a serious rifle shooter. I'll try to post more about the books after having a good look at them.

Cheers!!
Poras

satyam
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by satyam » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:10 pm

Does this book contain detailed information on 10m air rifle shooting?
Or should I buy air rifle training + competition by the same author?

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:36 am

Air rifle training + competition.you have to buy from US,Canada or mec centra.my book is my niece in California and no relative is coming i also have to get it trough courier.i think it was cheap in canada my niece got from there.its very good book on 10 meter target rifle shooting ways of the rifle is considered bible of 3 position rifle shooting not much on 10 meters rifle shooting
regards

satyam
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by satyam » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:18 pm

ashokgodara wrote:Air rifle training + competition.you have to buy from US,Canada or mec centra.my book is my niece in California and no relative is coming i also have to get it trough courier.i think it was cheap in canada my niece got from there.its very good book on 10 meter target rifle shooting ways of the rifle is considered bible of 3 position rifle shooting not much on 10 meters rifle shooting
regards
Thanks a lot man!
Let me see If I can trace some connections back to Canada, US or Dortmund!